Oktoberfest Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imlvngded

Reaction score
Just transferred my Oktoberfest ale to seondary and couldn't help but marvel at the wonderful copper color of this beer. This is in the Hydro tube while checking SG. Im so happy when beer comes out this well!

utf-8Bb2t0b2JlcmZlc3QgYWxlLmpwZw.jpg

Very nice. I made an Oktoberfest ale for my very first extract almost a year ago. It turned out pretty tasty. When is yours going to be drinkable?

It will be bottled on 10/24. So the first will go in the fridge on 11/7

Looks quite nice BTW.
The worst part about homebrewing is staring at it for weeks before getting a chance to enjoy it in all it's mature glory.

Looks quite nice BTW.
The worst part about homebrewing is staring at it for weeks before getting a chance to enjoy it in all it's mature glory.

That is so correct. At some point, when we brew 10 gallon batches and have four styles in the pipeline and a couple serving, we are just fine.
:D

I just bottled 10 gal of Octoberfest Ale. Recipe very close to Octoberfast in the recipe section of HBT. A great tasting and looking beer. I am not aging it a bit, its got ale yeast. I noticed that all my local microbreweries make their Octos with ale yeast as well, which surprised me.

So I'm picking up some derision from Lumpher? If so, let me say not all good beers are wheaty, fruity, 60+ibu whatchamacallits. Some are for sure. I'm the type of weirdo that thinks man achieved perfection with Bass Ale and Spaten Munich Octoberfest.

Back