Oh no!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrVix

Reaction score
I have had an pale ale in the primary fermenter for 1 week. While looking over my brew notes I realized that I screwed up the hop schedule. The IBU's will be way over of the style range. Could I add 1 lb of DME and 1 gallon of water to the fermenter 1 week into the fermentation stage? Would this screw up the entire batch?

Too late to do any recipe corrections now. Post up what you brewed and where you went sideways on things.

IF it's too bitter for you, let it age some. Time will mellow out the IBU's to a more moderate level.

This was a perfect example of doing too many things at once. I'll bet that distractions are responsible for most brewing errors. This was a recipe that I was reducing into a halve batch. Reduced everything except the hops...Duh!Oh well...all beer is drinkable. No big deal. I'll just struggle thru 24 bottles.

This was a recipe that I was reducing into a halve batch. Reduced everything except the hops...Duh!Oh well...all beer is drinkable. No big deal. I'll just struggle thru 24 bottles.

Oops! Well, if it was a pale ale to begin with, it'll be more of an IPA now, maybe not so bad? Although probably more bitterness and not enough hop flavor/aroma, my guess is it'll be pretty drinkable, maybe after some aging :)

Latest posts

Back