Oh no! There's a rush on my beer now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzombiekitty

Reaction score
While I had intended to wait another week or so, I decided to open up a bottle of my coffee porter to see how it was doing. Plus it was cold and rainy, and a porter seemed like a good beer to drink. It came out as good as I could have hoped. The head was just right, carbed just right, and tasted amazing. Of the three batches I have opened, this is the first one I like so much I think about it during the day (also excited for the 4th batch, but that's got another couple weeks).

So what's the issue? My room mate took a sip to try it and loved it. Bottles quickly went to some friends who also loved it. Now there's a rush on my beer! It's going to be a scarce commodity. And it makes me sad :(

<selfish>
I want it for myself!!!
</selfish>

Just tell everyone that the rest is not ready to drink yet. It'll buy you some time to drink it all yourself. Then tell them you're out but working on another batch.

that's what I do :D

If they like it that much then they can pitch in for ingredients on the next batch! Sounds like a good situation to me!

Even better, let them drink as much as they want, but then ask them all to pitch in for the next batch. $5 a person adds up quickly. Soon you'll be able to brew for free! Thats what I used to do...

+1 to getting them to pitch in. I have 3 or 4 people who I split batches with on occasion. I do the brewing, bottling etc and they do all the paying for ingredients and half of the drinking. Works out great plus they love the fact they can get a case of good beer for a reasonable price. Sometimes I will mix and match, throw a couple of different sixers in there for them. Only thing is, if you can't find time to brew it is tough to have enough supply of yourself and random guests. PLUS and it is a big one, you get to brew more and practice practice practice!

I have 10 cases put away for the holidays so my brewing schedule will pick up with the new year.

Share enough to entice them to give you money for a batch, but don't let them take it all! At least stow away a sixer and taste it in a few months.

Just tell everyone that the rest is not ready to drink yet. It'll buy you some time to drink it all yourself. Then tell them you're out but working on another batch.

that's what I do :D

+1

that's my pipeline-defense as well.

Personaly if they want to drink my beer, Fine...
Next time i brew they help. If you dont want to help me brew and take time out of your day...Buzz off...I am about out anyways so...basicly buzz off.

It seems to work...Only have 1 freind who comes over to help and he is pretty good.
Knows what to do, And only has 1-2 beers unless i have quite a supply going.
If he knows i am runnin super low he wont even ask for a beer.

Cool freind

I am happy to share with the friends who have helped, especially the friend who allowed me to borrow the hardware so I could defer that cost until I knew whether I wanted to continue on this hobby or not. Other friends that will get a bottle or few are those friends that will reciprocate in their generosity.

Dude its the time of giving right? So give out a few more; but save a good amount for yourself. But make sure you leave a card on each saying "If you like this you would love this recipe which you can purchase for me for the Holidays!"

It worked for my birthday and Christmas so far :)

If that many people like your beer and want to drink it,k have them pony up some $$ to help you brew some more. If that recipe was that good, you're going to want to hav eit on hand a lot anyway.

Back