Oh For Frack Sake.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praetoriv

Reaction score
HBT was kind enough to send me an email to remind me that I have not been searching the forums for the perfect recipe, that bit of advice to create the perfect beer, or that piece of equipment that would make my brewing easier and more productive. Yep they were so kind as to remind me that every last bit of brewing equipment is stuff away in a storage shed gathering dust. That there are lonely grains un-crushed and un-mahsed weeping for fermentables.

It reminded me that I have moved a family of 5 from 2000sgft house with 2 car garage and office/brew house to a 1100sqft apartment where I have a 4'x10' workbench, chest freezer, compressor, Rolling toolbox, and empty kegs in the living room; and 70% of what I own is in 2 10'x20' storage sheds.

The email also reminded me that I have a 2000sqft house with 2 car garage and office/brew house that stands empty because some ass decided, on the DAY OF CLOSING, our buyers couldn't get the loan they applied for 6 months earlier. Which means, the house sits empty and I still have to pay my mortgage, electricity, water and gas on top of paying for the fracking apt I shoe horned my family into. That I am in contract on a new house in Lubbock that I can not get into until I sell my house in Carlsbad.

I did however find, after emails and phone calls and general surfing find the following quote which puts it all into perspective.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
-Victor Kiam

So Frack it. I'm gonna put on some Flogging Molly, go get a Turkey Fryer from Academy, order a Irish Ale and Brew.

keep-calm-and-brew-95.png

I live in a small condo...without greenpace there for my turkey fryer. But even I manage to brew. Small batches inside, big batches at friend's houses. If I can do it, you can too. :mug:

Whoops, don't want to put down the apt of Condo living:eek:. Been there, done that. This goes beyond that. My problem is I am so broke I can't even pay attention. $100 for a fryer and ingredients is in the realm of walking on water. I thought I could get the kids to skip a couple of meals but the wife nixed that idea.

Look for sales on Turkey fryers around this time of year. Plus on craigs list. We're getting into turkey fryer season. I got mine around this time of year new for 25 bucks. If they've come out with a new design or gizmo for them, they'll dump the older models cheap before rolling out the newer models for Turkey day.

I appreciate the offer but I am in Lubbock, Tx now. I spent four hours digging through storage today trying to get to a burner and a kettle. I was able to get to my box of brewing equipment (hops spider, hydrometer, Immersion chiller, etc) but still have about 4 feet to get to the rest but 3 people looked at the house today so I am getting closer. I figure it will all go down when I have the batch in the fermentor, then I'll have to move it.

Some body in New Mexico find this gentleman and brew a double batch with him! - This situation cannot be allowed to continue.

Carlsbad is kinda far away...

My house may be large but I sure don't use all of it to brew... all I use is a kitchen and a closet for fermenters and carboys. I bet you can make it work. :mug:

I appreciate the offer but I am in Lubbock, Tx now. I spent four hours digging through storage today trying to get to a burner and a kettle. I was able to get to my box of brewing equipment (hops spider, hydrometer, Immersion chiller, etc) but still have about 4 feet to get to the rest but 3 people looked at the house today so I am getting closer. I figure it will all go down when I have the batch in the fermentor, then I'll have to move it.

Yeah... that is even farther ;)

Unfortunately, my kids have watched it so it is no longer a good substitute for the real thing.

I figured he was talking about oil and gas mining.

Induced hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracking, commonly known as fraccing or fracking, is a technique used to release petroleum, natural gas (including shale gas, tight gas and coal seam gas), or other substances for extraction.[a][1] This type of fracturing creates fractures from a wellbore drilled into reservoir rock formations.

fracking-poster.jpg

Thanks,
I've been meaning to post something but just haven't really had the time. We are in the middle of the move to our new house and I've been off the grid for the last 5 days. I will say that I did manage 15 gallons of brew in the apartment over the last 6 months. Put the fermenters in the bathroom. SWMBO loved them right next to the toilet :rolleyes:

Back