Hello from WNC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Medic

Reaction score
Or should I say hello again. I'm sure I was on here several years ago, but my email says different. I spent several years brewing, got to doing all grain, and kegging... My biggest was an 11% Belgian that turned out awesome. Several years back life got insane, and just didn't have time. We have since sold our house, moved and now rebuilding a house. I also have retired.... A very dear family friend and my brewing coach is downsizing, stopped brewing and made me a deal on everything brewing related... so yesterday I came home with a pickup loaded with way more stuff than I will ever use. Got to dig my old stuff out of storage, sort thru and inventory to set another friend up to brew too. I'm sure I'll have more than a few questions before get the 1st batch going in the spring.

HOLY CRAP.... Even thou He was telling me what was in boxes as we loaded up stuff, once home and sorting, I'm nearly in a state of shock.
When he 1st mentioned selling stuff, I was basically interested in his home built brewing cart, with burner, Mash tun, Keg kettle with pump and reverse chiller. But his package deal was to good to turn down... 6 glass carboys, Over a case of jars of starter, A rack of tubes of different yeasts, Several other packs yeast. several beakers and 2 stir plates. Grain mill with a full bag of Pilsner malt, same of rice hulls and a tote with about 50 Lbs of specialty grains, several lbs of hops in the freezer. He has a home built bottling station, Complete kegging system, with 9 kegs. Boxes of assorted odd and end parts, fittings and brewing chemicals.
Our other friend has done some extract brewing, but is interested doing all grain and kegging, and offered to go in halfs with me..
Well he is getting a mill, mash tun and wort chiller, 4 kegs with the CO2, half the starters and yeast, stir plate, couple beakers and carboys.
And as far as halfs... we agreed that the value far exceeds his asking, so we paid him more than double his asking price.

Back