Of interest to UP Michiganders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did my first attempt at Spicy Pickled Eggs yesterday, not from the recipe in the link, but another online source (I love the internet), those are Jalapeno's, Habanero's, & red bell peppers in there. I think they may be warm! I'll know in 2 weeks. I'll try the Yooper Style next!

DSCF1065.jpg

Hey, thats the recipe i use! Great recipe, my favorite by far. I dont care for all of that crazy stuff in my pickled eggs, this way is perfect imo.

I just did some spicy picked eggs about 3 days ago. I used my own recipe, but added a stick of cinnamon this time. We'll see how it comes out! (I am not the typical Scandinavian Yooper with a fear of spice- mine is HOT. HOT, with habaneros).

I forgot, there is a cinnamon stick in there too! And some onion, red pepper flakes, & 5 cloves. Here is the ingredient list:
2 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. pickling spice
1 Tsp. red pepper flakes
4-5 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
2-3 Habanero peppers with seeds (orange, cut into rings, stems discarded)
2-3 green Jalapeno peppers cut into strips
1/2 red pepper (bell) cut into strips
a few rings of white onion
simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
layer ingredients into quart jar along with hard boiled (peeled of course) eggs
10 large eggs fit pretty well
Refrigerate 2-3 weeks
Remember I haven't tried these yet, but I am assuming they are going to be HOT!
I'll get back to you on these next month:)
I have to go buy Tabasco sauce to do the Yooper recipe.

Very close to mine!

Except I didn't use that much sugar and I didn't use cloves (don't like them in pickled eggs). Oh, and instead of jalapenos I used those Thai "bird" hot peppers, skipped the red bell pepper and used some powdered cayenne. I used three cloves of sliced garlic, though!

Let's see. Other than that, it's about the same.

Latest posts

Back