Odd size tri-clamp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddubduder

Reaction score
I recently was able to grab a used large wort strainer (5.5OD strainer from Brewershardware) but the main body TC is 5.5in, not your normal 6 or 4. I’m trying to find alternative uses for it so I can but it to work for more than just a wort strainer but finding 5.5in (155mm) parts seems to be a dead end. Anyone have suggestions on where to source parts from?
In a perfect world Id like to find a barrel filter and turn it into a hop back.

I have a reducing cap I would sell-- the cap reduces down to 2" triclamp which then gives you unlimited possibilities...

Can you post a picture with dimensions? I would be interested just need to make sure it will fit.

Here’s a pic… Unfortunately I was wrong it only measures about 5 1/8 inch. I don’t know yours is exactly 5 1/2 or not…?

Attachments

• 1C116476-1A83-4E24-8E33-63FA83A06F4E.jpeg
    1C116476-1A83-4E24-8E33-63FA83A06F4E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
Here’s a pic… Unfortunately I was wrong it only measures about 5 1/8 inch. I don’t know yours is exactly 5 1/2 or not…?

Outsize flange of 5-1/8" converted to mm is ~130.2mm. Looking at the chart I linked to, that looks like a 4.5" Tri-clamp. Still an odd-size.

Thanks everyone for trying to help. The flange itself is actually 6 1/8 roughly, that’s why I was assuming it’s a 5.5in. It’s in between the 5 & 6 sizes. I don’t have a caliper large enough to measure the actual OD of the pipe. Brewershardware does sell replacement parts but nothing else, so looks like I’m SOL. No worries, still got a giant filter, just was hoping to expand its uses beyond super dank IPAs.

Back