Odd PID Behavior

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockn_M

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built a Kal Clone and the last few brews I've done with my electric panel the PIDs that control the heating elements in the HLT and BLT have been acting odd. The PIDs that control the HLT and BLT temperatures will jump from the actual temperature reading of X degrees then jump up to around 300 degrees. Then back down to what the actual liquid temperature reading is. The temperature reading will remain constant for a few minutes then jump back up to close to 300. It was working very well in the past but just recently starting acting up. I am using Auber Instruments SYL-2352 PID controllers.

I hope this makes sense.

Sounds like you might have some loose connections in the temp probe circuits. That's where I would look first.

Brew on :mug:

Yup! That's exactly what the problem was. Replaced the female XLR redid the solder and it works like a champ. Thanks!

Back