Octoberfest Extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaotic

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place to order a good Octoberfest extact kit or have a good recipe for one?

Thanks

I made the Brewers Best Oktoberfest and it was one of the best beers I've made. Very smooth.

I did that kit, too, about a year ago and it's pretty darn good! It's fermented with ale yeast, so it's not a true lager. But we really enjoyed it and it is great for someone who can't control fermentation temperatures from 34 to 50 degrees. I just fermented it at 66-68 and it was fine!

Thanks for the suggestions-has anyone done one from Austin home brew if so how do their kits stack up?

I've done lots of AHS kits and they are great! I've never done an octoberfest kit, though, so I don't know what kind of yeast is recommended with it. If you can lager, then a lager yeast would be great. If you can't, you need a kit that uses ale yeast.

Still, AHS has always been a winner for me!

Latest posts

Back