Obnoxious REAL Football Trash Talking Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In West Virginia, regardless of whether it's a felony or not, they burn couches. In Tennessee given the chance I'm pretty sure they'd do the same with Lane Kiffin. :)

Accidic said:
In West Virginia, regardless of whether it's a felony or not, they burn couches. In Tennessee given the chance I'm pretty sure they'd do the same with Lane Kiffin. :)

Didn't they burn couches on Rich Rods lawn when he bailed for Michigan.

Man, Bama is great. We (UF) are lacking an offensive line. And now, it would appear, and quarterback.

My prediction - whoever wins the November 5 matchup of Alabama and LSU is winning the National Championship. My prediction is that they play Wisconsin for it.

Alabama would have a tougher go of it than LSU against Wisconsin. LSUs defense excels against WIs qb style. The question is whether they can get past Bama who've been in their head in recent years. LSUs schedule has been beyond brutal tho.

As for FL it didn't look like they've really completely adapted to their new style yet. Was a real shame to see their qb go down. Was an entertaining game up to that point.

The game that threw me for the biggest loop was the aTm / Ark game. The calls in that game amazed me. Saw one of the aTm players held from behind have the jersey pulled so far off his body a full grown person could have crawled in and never touched the guy yet no penalty... Yet a few plays later an offensive player grazed a guys helmet otw down (in actuality because of the off. player) and the db got flagged for it. At least it was terrible in both directions but damn...

Congrats Accidic. It was an ugly offensive game... but special team errors and a non-existant offensive line are no way to defeat Auburn.

Good luck this coming week, I hope you have a better outcome than we did against LSU.

LSU is a loss. Fl would have most likely been too had they had a qb instead of starting that WR there but I'll take it. I do feel rather bad for them tho. I kinda liked their old wild offenses and am not enamored with the transition to hard nosed pounding football instead when it comes to them. Bama is a probable loss but the rival aspect tends to make it all bets are off.

Apparently my price for things going that way was utter and complete collapse of my FF team. I knew it would be a tough week but I at least figured I'd stand a chance against a low scoring team. Alas I'll finish the week with nearly 400pts more scored against than any other team. But AU won and MI lost (to MiSt no less $$) so if only Cal had came through for me it would have been a golden saturday for me. I'd still rank it solid in the cheer department tho... I'll just pretend sunday never happened.

Can't believe my Southern Miss eagles had UAB 14-0 in the firs 3:30 of game and now it's 14-14 at the end of the 1st

Wait a tick... I know you... :D

My big game of the week (since UF is playing Furman) is tomorrow night. Oklahoma State's last game before OU next weekend.

I'm just hoping auburn beats samford like they should, dec7 comes as quickly as possible so they bury sandusky if he's guilty, and a fresh week off with nothing to do except thanksgiving and football.

Well crap. Cowboys lost, Gators are 6-5 after squeaking by Furman.

If OSU can beat OU though at least one of my teams will get a good bowl game.

Thank God almost half the top ten teams lost the same week OSU did.

Yikes. I don't know why the Ducks and the Badgers are even bothering to field a team on defense.

Hmm. Bucky just got a defensive TD. Question answered.

So, this ******* is considered one of the best running backs in the NCAA?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVzLOkqKDj0]RUN FAIL - David Wilson 22 yard loss on run for Virginia Tech - YouTube[/ame]

How the hell do you take a TWENTY TWO yard loss on a first-and-goal running play (really should have been more; apparently, you still get credited for forward progress when running backward).

Ugly win, but i'll take it. Michigan(the state) took out the SEC and ACC, woot.

_

Well, UF had a terrible season but at least we won the Urban Meyer bowl. And my Cowboys did more than alright. Thanks to whatever made that poor kicker shank a 32 yarder from the center of the field. lol

Can't believe this post hasn't came back up before now. Southern Miss is at Nebraska on Saturday with a Redshirt JR QB who has never played a down of college football, so the last time he played was in HS in 2008. Hoping he comes out doing great, but not really looking forward to this game. On the other hand, if we pull it off, it could be a good season with a new QB and new Head Coach.

Big ol Roll Tide from up in Fairbanks....

What'd those kids call themselves in Red Dawn????

Oh yeah, now I remember.....

image-3341948442.jpg

Well, let's hope Auburn can do ok with the High School coach they hired. I still wish they'd have went after Rex Ryan. He'd have been great down in the SEC with already hatred between him and Saban. And a coach having an affair with his own wife? God forbid.

If pro football ceased to exist tomorrow that wouldn't bother me in the least. Oddly, college is far less hypocritical and holier than thou. That's pretty amazing though considering it's rampant thievery.

Hey acidic, howd that "high school coach" work out? Remember he's been a college coach a while now. Hell he even has a national championship under his belt there at Auburn. War eagle anyway.

How is thread so slow this season!?!? It has been a crazy good season so far. Oregon with a loss, Bama roll tided right into the ocean against Ole Miss, and the dumpster fire that is the Michigan football program, I can't ask for much more. All I need is for Ohio State to forget the VT loss and just keep trucking! O-H!

Back