Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patriots eek out the win in one of the fugliest football games evah played.
Ugly film at eleven... ;)
I had other stuff going on - I'll watch it on DVR later.
Going to need to see more replays of that goalline funble. another one out of Bill's book - swing at the ball, something good (for your team) might happen. Pats do need to shore up ball security for sure. |I'd say |Harris will be riding the pine for a bit, but with White gone, they need all the help they can get at running back.

"rebuilding year"

Still...a win is a win, hideous or immaculate ;)
Meanwhile last year's superbowl winners are in the basement of their division...

Last edited:
I looked at the clock and with 2:11 left and the way the Patriots sieve - I mean, defense - was playing I knew we were screwed.
So, ok, we were forecasted to lose this game by like 20+ points. The fact that we were still in it at 2:11 makes it sooo much worse of a loss...

I looked at the clock and with 2:11 left and the way the Patriots sieve - I mean, defense - was playing I knew we were screwed.
So, ok, we were forecasted to lose this game by like 20+ points. The fact that we were still in it at 2:11 makes it sooo much worse of a loss...
All in all, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Even the o-line was servicable. Yeah, there was the strip sack, and a couple other hits, but overall, Mac stayed upright as much as could be expected. I liked how he came back from the pick-6 with a 75 yard strike.
But that secondary was horrendous. They couldn't cover my grandma, who's been dead for 15 years. All game the Cowboys receivers were wide open, no one within 10 yards. Once they gave the ball back in OT, I knew it was over.

100% true wrt our pass coverage. I was understating how bad it was using "sieve".
Ah well...gotta move on.

So...Seattle looks like poopy-on-a-stick without Wilson on the field.
That's just so sad for them ;)

The Broncos need a new offensive line and let's face it our defense is overrated as well as our coach. I think we may be the worst team in our division.

100% true wrt our pass coverage. I was understating how bad it was using "sieve".
Ah well...gotta move on.

So...Seattle looks like poopy-on-a-stick without Wilson on the field.
That's just so sad for them ;)
Yep. Jets next week. I'd say pencil that one in the W column, but if they don't improve the pass defense, they won't beat a peewee team.

It only took five minutes to realize the idea of having two Mannings hosting MNF was a HUGE mistake. HUGE!
I seriously can't fathom how someone in authority could think this was a good idea vs a typical play-by-play broadcast - which is on a different channel at least, thank goodness!

Last edited:
I suspect being worth hundred of millions of bucks with a hot wife worth even more on your arm would make those two (ridiculous) losses on his otherwise amazing career record not much more than a mosquito sting ;)

Geno Smith notwithstanding, I get to go to my VERY FIRST Seahawks game today; lived here for 44 years and been to countless Mariners games, a few Thunderbird games, and one memorable Sonics game the year before they scooted out of here. Sitting in the first row courtesy of our dear friends who gave up their season tickets to us today FOR FREE because I'd never been to a game. I bleed blue & green. Yah we're probably going to lose but I don't care.

Geno Smith notwithstanding, I get to go to my VERY FIRST Seahawks game today; lived here for 44 years and been to countless Mariners games, a few Thunderbird games, and one memorable Sonics game the year before they scooted out of here. Sitting in the first row courtesy of our dear friends who gave up their season tickets to us today FOR FREE because I'd never been to a game. I bleed blue & green. Yah we're probably going to lose but I don't care.

That's awesome I hope you have a great time! I'm a Broncos fan but you brought back a great memory (my wife's family are Seahawks fans) and I'm sure you remember the beastmode run against New Orleans!

Beast Mode Run!

I was ready to shop McDaniels out for good with 5 minutes left in the first half.
Dude was seriously misreading what was obvious to everyone else.
Pats won anyway...

Our Hawks totally annihilated the Jags; yes Jacksonville is not having a good year, but damn the Seahawks needed the boost that win gave them. I think it was because I was there....

Not hating the early game results wrt AFC. Seeing the Bills get utterly pasted at home by the Colts, plus Tennessee losing to Houston definitely good for NE.
Then there's the gravy, like Cam "I'm Baaaaack!" losing to The Football Team, Aaron losing to the Vikings...
Yup. Good day so far :)

Man, every time I ses one of those Gronk USAA commercials I swear I hear neighbors calling to cancel their policies...

Back