Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero chance Wilson comes to NE. 1) he’re the most overrated player in the game and Belichick isn’t that stupid 2) he sucks 3) that contract is a sick joke and 4) he’s terrible

yeah, I don't get that, either. As much as I like the guy, I don't think he meets the expectations of the fan base.
The Patriots system does not ask for an athletic QB, it asks for a Mensa QB. He's not that...

Draft Day.

And there is so much **** being spewed right now it's nothing short of hilarious, particularly the speculation on the Patriots QB situation. They're apparently gunning for every QB with a pulse, or not :D

Speaking of New England QB draftees...this FNG from Alabama certainly has the build for the position :D

1619750674881.png

Hahaha!
I'd say "Tough nuggies!" but tbh I dunno how serious he could be while laughing his way into history and bank :)
I get that.... but let's be honest, there's got to be pics of all of us that we really wouldn't like seeing trotted out year after year for the whole country (or at least the football-fan segment of it) to see.

I get that.... but let's be honest, there's got to be pics of all of us that we really wouldn't like seeing trotted out year after year for the whole country (or at least the football-fan segment of it) to see.

$263 million dollars to date ought to provide plenty of salve for a tender psyche.
But I'm betting he gets more of a laugh out of that irony than aggro...

$263 million dollars to date ought to provide plenty of salve for a tender psyche.
But I'm betting he gets more of a laugh out of that irony than aggro...
You're probably right -
the twitter post was,
"Annual “Post Tom’s Shirtless Combine Photo on Twitter” Day. My favorite

Face with rolling eyes

Face with rolling eyes
"
So I guess he;s not too mad...

NY Jets had #2 pick, will the new QB make a difference?
The fans are more excited about his mom.....
View attachment 727645
A bit late on this party, but The Jets have been through how many highly-rated QBs, not to mention other players? It doesn't change.
PLayers, coaches, GMs don't make a difference there, they are routinely at the bottom. I don't know what it is other than the culture of the team, and short of completely blowing it up and starting from total scratch, I don't know how you change it.

So I watched some film focused on Cam Newton's throwing mechanics, and immediately recognized something I've known about my own throwing arm for a few decades now: his shoulder is totally baked to a crisp. I wince everytime I see him try to go over the top with any kind of power.
I don't know if there's a surgical procedure that could bring him back, but if maintaining the status quo is the strategy, I think he's a liability...

So here we are a couple months later starting towards the next season, and what I wrote ^up there^ stands. Plus, I think he still has Covid Brain.
However, we have the youngster Mac Jones - who looked competent enough to pick up the team with no loss of function, at the minimum...

Cheers!

I have to say I liked Cam, free spirit that he became, as an interim, "Meanwhile, what're we really going to do next?" QB.
I reckon they reached that decision point, and "Mac" is next.
We'll see...

JFC! Vegas needs to calm the eff down by a couple orders of magnitude ffs.
I know - they can't "act like they've been there before" because "they" haven't, but still.
Sheesh...

Back