Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did read it, actually. And by "a lot of circumstantial evidence", I assume you're referring to the snot rag that is the Wells report, so I chose to ignore it, like Ted Wells chose to ignore things like science, common sense, and apparently absolutely any evidence provided by any member of the Patriots organization.

It's not a court of law. It's a court of the NFL. They can do what they want. The sooner Brady realizes that the better. Stupid idiot doesn't realize or doesn't care that no one is talking about the Pats as Superbowl Champs this year - they're talking about Tom Brady and what a whinny ***** he is instead.

At the end of the day.... I am no longer convinced at all that this is really about the Patriots, or Brady, or inflated or deflated footballs. It's not about Goodell's ego, or "integrity of the shield", lack of cooperation, the destruction of a phone, or anything else like that.

This is now about bargaining power. The league office and the NFLPA have fought for decades to gain any upper hand on the other through CBA negotiations and a long list of court cases.

I honestly believe this is now 100% about what Brady alluded to in his response regarding "setting precedence".

With this now going to court, what is really at stake is dramatically more than Brady sitting out four games... it has to do with either widening (why Goodell is fighting) or narrowing (why the NFLPA is fighting) the scope of authority that Goodell and league management have.

Whichever side wins in court... they win a very significant swing in overall power when it comes to the CBA and the management of the league overall

I think anyone who thinks Brady should just shut up and accept it is a total *****enozzle.

1) so if you were accused of something that dramatically effected your life, you would just simply accept it?? Seriously?? Bullshti. So we should just tell everyone.... "Hey... If the cops arrest you for anything... don't be a whiney btich, just accept that you're guilty and go to jail."

What fckuing planet are you on?

2). Like I described above... this isn't about Brady anymore and I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the NLFPA very strongly encouraged Brady to fight this to the end on behalf of all of the union.

So... Take your "boo hoo. Brady is whining" and shove it up your shove-hole

I think anyone who thinks Brady should just shut up and accept it is a total *****enozzle.

1) so if you were accused of something that dramatically effected your life, you would just simply accept it?? Seriously?? Bullshti. So we should just tell everyone.... "Hey... If the cops arrest you for anything... don't be a whiney btich, just accept that you're guilty and go to jail."

What fckuing planet are you on?

2). Like I described above... this isn't about Brady anymore and I am willing to bet a large sum of money that the NLFPA very strongly encouraged Brady to fight this to the end on behalf of all of the union.

So... Take your "boo hoo. Brady is whining" and shove it up your shove-hole

You seem to forget this whole thing is because Brady and Patriots got caught breaking the rules. Don't play victim like all the other entitled weaklings in this country.

No... And don't be that stupid.

The Pats got caught breaking an extremely minor rule. No matter what the whole country is jerking off about and all the fkcuing ridiculous conspiracy theories out there by butt hurt puzzies who's team has been azz-raped by the Pats... at the end of the day, equipment tampering is a $25k fine.

And the NFL and Goodell have turned this into a cross between the Kennedy Assassination and Cambodian genocide.

The fact that we are even still talking about, and that this ridiculous story is taking up the headlines and airtime that it is is absolute insanity

No... And don't be that stupid.

The Pats got caught breaking an extremely minor rule. No matter what the whole country is jerking off about and all the fkcuing ridiculous conspiracy theories out there by butt hurt puzzies who's team has been azz-raped by the Pats... at the end of the day, equipment tampering is a $25k fine.

And the NFL and Goodell have turned this into a cross between the Kennedy Assassination and Cambodian genocide.

The fact that we are even still talking about, and that this ridiculous story is taking up the headlines and airtime that it is is absolute insanity

You are ridiculous...and don't be that stupid. This is the Patriots fault...they should know not to give the NFL and Goodell the opportunity to turn it into an epic sihtshow

Retahded logic.

So if I park in a no parking zone, and a cop arrests me, puts me in the back of his car, decides he doesn't like me, takes me out to a field and fkcuing shoots me... It's my fault because I gave him the opportunity?

Stop it.

Even you aren't that Hoppy

Retahded logic.

So if I park in a no parking zone, and a cop arrests me, puts me in the back of his car, decides he doesn't like me, takes me out to a field and fkcuing shoots me... It's my fault because I gave him the opportunity?

Stop it.

That's a stupid analogy and so is your face.

Also, didn't Favre get fined like $50k for not cooperating, coincidentally by not turning over his phone, in that dumbaz sexting scam a few years back? $50k vs a quarter season suspension sound at all even to anyone here?

Your talking about another comparison of apples to oranges. A punishment imposed on a player for doing something off the field in their private lives vs. a player and organization screwing with the integrity of the game itself on the field.

"I'm a Pats fan and nothing they ever do will ever be bad, and they should never get in trouble for anything, and I love Tom Brady.. The Greatest QB to ever play the game who knows nothing about how a football should feel.. and everyone who doesn't agree with that is a &)*(&^&^)(*&)*)(*^&&@&#*#&(*#(*&^)@*^@^%!^$^)""

FTFY :mug:

Thanks Tom Brady for ruining sports radio for the next 5 weeks until college football starts. What a bitchy ******* that guy is...most system QBs are that way.

Retahded logic.

Stop it.

A 4-game suspension for involving team employees in a conspiracy to willfully bypass NFL rules and then failing to cooperate with the NFL is equal to being shot and left for dead by the police? I'll give to ya Pats fans, there is no group of people better at playing the victim card.

you know, breaking ur cell phone still isint as good as throwing the football from the 1 yard line when u have the best running back in the leage on the field

A 4-game suspension for involving team employees in a conspiracy to willfully bypass NFL rules and then failing to cooperate with the NFL is equal to being shot and left for dead by the police? I'll give to ya Pats fans, there is no group of people better at playing the victim card.
Don't forget, it's also "...a cross between the Kennedy Assassination and Cambodian genocide."

It's not a court of law. It's a court of the NFL. They can do what they want.

And that's just not true.

They can do what they want - under the CBA, and supposedly under the rules as they are written. We all know (Dallas fans in particular and most recently) how the NFL can throw out the rulebook at times, so we'll throw out the whole rulebook thing for the moment.

But as soon as the NFL decides to extend its authority beyond what the CBA allows, then they have a problem. And the NFLPA (not Brady) have been making it clear for the past couple months that they believe this is absolutely the case here. Asking for the phone - that's a no-no. Nothing in the CBA gives the NFL the right to player's personal property. Period. Penalizing a player for not turning over such? Clear overreach of the CBA, and that's where Goodell - not Brady, not the Pats, not the NFLPA - has a problem. If he hadn't been so hellbent on making it clear that the penalty is so severe because Brady didn't comply with the investigation by turning over his phone, which he had no responsibility to do and the NFL had no right to expect, then maybe he'd still have a leg to stand on. But that's been one of the main legs of his argument. And with a lame leg like that, the argument just won't stand.

Stop - hold the bus!!!!

I take back everything I've said about any $25k fine of Brady being appropriate. As it turns out, even that much is a gross overstepping of what's allowed. (Stick with me Darwin, I'll try to use smallish words so you can follow - but repeat after me - No, the NFL cannot do whatever it damn well pleases.)

Check out the following article on details coming to light about the NFLPA's suit against the NFL over this whole hot mess...

The most relevant highlight to our conversation here? The ball pressure isn't even in the player's rulebook! It's in the "Game Operations Manual" that's provided for the benefit of the teams, and not published to the players. So, Brady's being penalized for being generally aware of a rule being broken that isn't even in any materials that are published for him or any of the other 51 guys on the Pats active roster.

But wait. There's more. (And Hoppy, this is gonna make you mad for Beastmode - definitely looks to me like he got shafted.)

The policies that ARE given out to players provide for specific, collectively bargained (see, that term!!!!) fines for equipment violations - the policies cite stickum or slippery compounds, for example. Nothing specific about ball pressure - though I grant that maybe that could fall into their catch-all about modifications that could grant a competitive advantage, assuming somewhere in there they include guidelines as to what pressures don't grant a competitive advantage. But since when do funny colored shoes grant any kind of competitive advantage? Beastmode got shafted. (Unless there's some other bit of the CBA that covers uniform colors and penalties for not adhering to them.)

And the Player Policies - again, under the CBA - specifically limit a first time offender to a fine of $8,268.

So. IF the Player Policies, or some other player-published rules state what the pressure should be in the football (and the NFLPA already established they do not - but we'll ignore that because everyone wants to ignore everything in favor of Brady here), and if we assume guilt, he should've been fined no more than $8,268. Anything more than that is a violation of the CBA.

So now, we're forced to assume that all the rest of his quarter-season suspension is because he failed to cooperate with the investigation by refusing to hand over his phone. Which, again, he absolutely positively does not have to do, and the NFLPA would've gone bonkers on him if he had. And the article goes into plenty of detail as to why this is ridiculous too, which I'll let you all read at your leisure.

None of what the NFL has tried to do here will stand up in court. The CBA alone ties their hands, and the fact that they've clearly violated it here kills any argument they may believe they have.

Three games for goofing up an SSL update at work.

Ouch.

Man, if I had only owed up to what I did to the file server a few months back, I might've missed the season.

Stop - hold the bus!!!!

I take back everything I've said about any $25k fine of Brady being appropriate. As it turns out, even that much is a gross overstepping of what's allowed. (Stick with me Darwin, I'll try to use smallish words so you can follow - but repeat after me - No, the NFL cannot do whatever it damn well pleases.)

Check out the following article on details coming to light about the NFLPA's suit against the NFL over this whole hot mess...

The most relevant highlight to our conversation here? The ball pressure isn't even in the player's rulebook! It's in the "Game Operations Manual" that's provided for the benefit of the teams, and not published to the players. So, Brady's being penalized for being generally aware of a rule being broken that isn't even in any materials that are published for him or any of the other 51 guys on the Pats active roster.

But wait. There's more. (And Hoppy, this is gonna make you mad for Beastmode - definitely looks to me like he got shafted.)

The policies that ARE given out to players provide for specific, collectively bargained (see, that term!!!!) fines for equipment violations - the policies cite stickum or slippery compounds, for example. Nothing specific about ball pressure - though I grant that maybe that could fall into their catch-all about modifications that could grant a competitive advantage, assuming somewhere in there they include guidelines as to what pressures don't grant a competitive advantage. But since when do funny colored shoes grant any kind of competitive advantage? Beastmode got shafted. (Unless there's some other bit of the CBA that covers uniform colors and penalties for not adhering to them.)

And the Player Policies - again, under the CBA - specifically limit a first time offender to a fine of $8,268.

So. IF the Player Policies, or some other player-published rules state what the pressure should be in the football (and the NFLPA already established they do not - but we'll ignore that because everyone wants to ignore everything in favor of Brady here), and if we assume guilt, he should've been fined no more than $8,268. Anything more than that is a violation of the CBA.

So now, we're forced to assume that all the rest of his quarter-season suspension is because he failed to cooperate with the investigation by refusing to hand over his phone. Which, again, he absolutely positively does not have to do, and the NFLPA would've gone bonkers on him if he had. And the article goes into plenty of detail as to why this is ridiculous too, which I'll let you all read at your leisure.

None of what the NFL has tried to do here will stand up in court. The CBA alone ties their hands, and the fact that they've clearly violated it here kills any argument they may believe they have.

The saddest part about this entire post is that you took the time to write it.

Score 1 for Darwin and his "friends" ;)

11230650_1078063058888818_696743776876354258_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back