Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the worst receiving corps in all of NFL history. Man, why'd they ever let THIS guy go?

adf5sf4ay6ojc1hwdszj.gif

nice win by the Pats; first legit win I can think of in like...........forever (in the regular season). Congrats...surely you'll do that in the playoffs! :wink:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this - the Pats went into that game, made it a point to shut down any early attempts at a Broncos running game and force the Broncos to beat them by _putting the ball in FiveHead's hands_, and THAT was the result?

If I'm honest, color me a bit surprised at the outcome.

They dared Peyton to come in and beat them. And then made him put up some of the best Manning faces I've seen in a couple seasons.

Now the next stretch of 4 or 5 games should be really enlightening.

If you take all of Brady's per/game totals and forecast them over the additional 48 games Peyton has played (according to pro-football-ref it is 48):

Manning: 173 wins for a win % of 69.8%

Brady: 192 wins for a win % of 77.5% (which... by the way.. Is the highest in NFL history for a QBs first 200 games).

Manning: 5,740/8,761 for a comp % of 65.5%
Brady: 5,446/8,581 for a comp % of 63.5%

Manning: 67,536 yards
Brady: 63,911 yards

Manning: 515 Tds
Brady: 472 Tds

Manning: 224 picks
Brady: 170 picks

Now.... who's to say whether or not Brady could maintain those number over the three full seasons. We'll likely never know.

All I'm saying is that folks usually pump Manning way up because of the stats... But the stats are as far out as they are simply because Brady has played three fewer seasons. Give Brady another 50 games and he's right behind him.... With a better winning % and three SB rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

but Manning is still better if you watch them play...hence why you spend all your free time collecting stupid numbers that mean ****.

Manning starting playing right out of the gate, college straight to Pro. Brady had a whole season of sitting on the bench and learning before he was thrown into action. Manning gets style points for being ready right out of college while Brady wasnt.

In all seriousness, its hard to really say who is the better QB. They both have played with different talent and in different circumstances. Lets all agree they are both very good and quit pulling on their dicks to see who is better. (I'm looking at you Cape)

Kudos to the Fins. I hate Rivers (the whiny beyotch that he is) and love seeing his ass get beat.

Meanwhile, if the rest of the NFL isn't scared to death of playing the Pats, they will be!

Cheers!

Appreciated. Kudos to the Pats whom I thought were going to suffer their 3rd loss this week. Nope! That foxboro december meeting is taking on implications every week. We'll see if we can keep it up. Detroit in Detroit coming off a bye is no small task....

seriously - how the heck does rexy still have a job? that's a serious, honest question. What the hell is he doing behind the scenes that is keeping him in there?

Where the heck did these Steelers come from? Nothing has really changed, maybe Harrison is back. Am I missing something? Was settled in for another season of mediocrity just happy to finally have a decent back and wtf.

seriously - how the heck does rexy still have a job? that's a serious, honest question. What the hell is he doing behind the scenes that is keeping him in there?

You can't blame Rexy for this season. The GM, John Idzik, has had two atrocious drafts, currently has the most cap room in the league, has failed to draft anything on offense besides Jace Amaro, and I honestly hope that he purposely torpedoed Ryan by failing to get any of the DBs that were available for pennies on the dollar because if he didn't then he's completely competent.

The Jets had the opportunity to get Revis back on a cheap deal but didn't even make an offer - despite the fact that Ryan's defense requires strong corner back play to work. Idzik let Cromartie walk even Cromartie wanted to be a Jet and would have taken a pay cut to stay. They didn't even bother replacing Cromartie.

I posted a few pages back on Idzik's last two drafts. Outside of Sheldon Richardson they have been abysmal. If they're going to fire Rex then they need to fire Idzik. Rexy took a below average team to an 8-8 record last season; this season they gave him worse personnel to work with. Someone is going to hire Rex as a D-Coordinator next season and go deep into the playoffs.

Oh and does anyone think a Jets fan who has to pay an obscene amount of money for PSLs gives a **** about having cap flexibility? **** that. That's the kind of crap that piss poor teams like the Jaguars care about. If you make intelligent contracts (not Sanchez-esque) you can build through the draft and pick up quality free agents like Denver and NE has done (Talib and Revis, respectfully). Apparently Idzik was trying to build the team in the image of the Seahawks - you can't find a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. That's a lottery ticket kind of pick.

Darwin,

I'm genuinely curious, because as a Dolphin's fan I'm right where you are ever 2-3 years...if the season ended today, what changes would you make to the Front office/coaching staff.

Because I tend to think Rex is the kind of coach that players want to play for, but it's gone be hard to keep the guy unless they go on a bit of a run the rest of the way. You play us twice, so we might just cure what ails ya.

To borrow a phrase from boxing legend, Hurricane Peter McNeely.... If you don't think Brady is better you have a big dump in your pants.

Darwin,

I'm genuinely curious, because as a Dolphin's fan I'm right where you are ever 2-3 years...if the season ended today, what changes would you make to the Front office/coaching staff.

Because I tend to think Rex is the kind of coach that players want to play for, but it's gone be hard to keep the guy unless they go on a bit of a run the rest of the way. You play us twice, so we might just cure what ails ya.

Honestly, I don't think Rex is a long term solution. I just don't think he's the problem. When you give him talent like Tannenbaum did the first couple of seasons he can be very successful. When we had LT and that offensive line the Jets were great. Sanchez had to do very little. When we needed to Sanchez to step up he failed miserably. Part of that is definitely on Ryan.

However, the last two seasons are on Idzik. Yes, the Jets were in cap hell, but they were competitive last season. This year the personnel has been worse and the results are bad. The team is still playing hard for Ryan though. They haven't given up on him. If they had, I would really want to see a coaching change now.

In reality Ryan is gone after this season. Some team is going to be very, very happy with their suddenly amazing defense next season. Idzik doesn't deserve a third season especially since we're in line for a top 3 pick and his last two drafts have been horrible. His skill lays with managing salary cap not evaluating talent. He needs to go. Period.

Hire a new GM. Let the GM pick their coach and use our high draft picks from this season to build a foundation. Throw stupid money at Cowher or even Gruden - I'm serious. It's not like they're spending it on the roster at this point.

Oh and does anyone think a Jets fan who has to pay an obscene amount of money for PSLs gives a **** about having cap flexibility? **** that. That's the kind of crap that piss poor teams like the Jaguars care about. If you make intelligent contracts (not Sanchez-esque) you can build through the draft and pick up quality free agents like Denver and NE has done (Talib and Revis, respectfully). Apparently Idzik was trying to build the team in the image of the Seahawks - you can't find a Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. That's a lottery ticket kind of pick.

You can also very quickly blow through all of that cap space and find yourself in cap hell, trying to win quickly and appease a fan base. How much has Washington sucked under Dan Snyder, despite his spending every cent he could on shiny toys?

You've got to draft well. You've got to make SMART free agent signings, not just spend money because you have money. You've got to cut your losses. You've got to have the stones to let someone walk when they're just going to cost too much (you don't hear too many people in New England bitching about Wes Welker anymore). Spending money just because you have it to spend is stupid, not when the whole core of the team is rotten. ****, you add Revis AND Cromartie to the JETS, and what do you have for a record? 2-7? 3-6?

I mean, the JETS were in cap-hell, and now they're in good shape to have money to spend next offseason. You need patience, son. You may well need a new GM, a new head coach, and about 52 new players, but you need patience. It's that short-term focus that keeps some teams from ever really getting better.

To borrow a phrase from boxing legend, Hurricane Peter McNeely.... If you don't think Brady is better you have a big dump in your pants.

I actually paid for the McNeeley/ Tyson fight. I still want my money back.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

That's the last time the NFL invites Matthew McConaughey to talk. Too much green room ganja right there.

Well you are celebrating a regular season win against the Broncos more aggressively than Seahawks fans did when we rolled them in a drastically more impressive fashion in the god damn Super Bowl

Purely factual. If you watched the redzone you'd understand

All lies

I posted two funny memes about the Brady/Manning debate.

Your argument is invalid.

And the Seahawks suck.

Don't flatter yourself...not only you, just read back the last ten pages or so. Remember when you hacks were calling out Dolphin fans for winning their 'super bowl' when they stomped your crap team? Yeah, same but worse. Act like you've been there

Well you are celebrating a regular season win against the Broncos more aggressively than Seahawks fans did when we rolled them in a drastically more impressive fashion in the god damn Super Bowl

Jesus. I agree with Hoppy. :drunk:

Holy crap. Relevant facts from Hoppy that I agree with.

Oh ferchrissakes.

Four weeks ago you nitwits had "Brady And The Pats" dead and buried.

We're just putting the "noxious" in the Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread as pay-back.

#Getoveryourlameassselves

Cheers! ;)

Alright guys. Everybody stop talking about how good their team is. (Looking away from you, Darwin). Can't we all agree to wait until the Super Bowl is played, then the Pats fans can talk trash.
Wait, that doesn't seem like nearly as much fun. I think we should talk about how dominant the Pats are going to be up to and including the Super Bowl win. Just think, most of your teams will be done in seven weeks.

Too bad there isn't any real football on this weekend. Have to settle for the also rans. At least we will get to see a third Patriots trained quarterback starting in the NFL this Sunday.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

Back