Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless Goodell is beating women too, then no. I don't care if Goodell had the tape or not. I don't care if Goodell is lying about having the tape or not. I do care about fine upstanding citizens such as Ray Lewis (murderer) and Keyshawn Johnson (charged with domestic abuse this past spring) "analyzing" the Rice situation on ESPN. The spin on Goodell is just a pathetic attempt by ESPN to spin something against the Commissioner instead of focusing on the real story.

I hear the Patriots had the tape and Goodell bought it with the promise that the refs will never call holding on their O-Line. Oh wait they've already made that deal. This must have just been a wink, wink plus cash transaction.

The only spin is going to be Goodell's arse spinning out the door if the bozo went on every network around and lied about the league having the tape.

He's booted this at every available opportunity. He's done.

Dumbest post I've read all day.

"Went on every network and lied"...

1). As Darwin said... what freakin difference does it make if he had the tape or not? None.

2) show me the magic law that says it's illegal for Goodell to lie on television (assuming he actually did).

He's not in a court of law. He didn't take some sort if oath. The guy is the mouthpiece for a massively huge business... you don't think every large business on the planet lies?

"We are just doing fannnntastic these days. Couldn't be better!"

Two days later they lay off half the workforce.

The guy is doing exactly what every single other large company would do... try to control the PR spin... and all of a sudden he's some super evil guy who needs to be fired? Pfft.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Unless Goodell is beating women too, then no. I don't care if Goodell had the tape or not. I don't care if Goodell is lying about having the tape or not. I do care about fine upstanding citizens such as Ray Lewis (murderer) and Keyshawn Johnson (charged with domestic abuse this past spring) "analyzing" the Rice situation on ESPN. The spin on Goodell is just a pathetic attempt by ESPN to spin something against the Commissioner instead of focusing on the real story.

Again... wise.

The man is among us enlightened few.

Just gotta get him in a Brady jersey.

Dumbest post I've read all day.

"Went on every network and lied"...

1). As Darwin said... what freakin difference does it make if he had the tape or not? None.

2) show me the magic law that says it's illegal for Goodell to lie on television (assuming he actually did).

He's not in a court of law. He didn't take some sort if oath. The guy is the mouthpiece for a massively huge business... you don't think every large business on the planet lies?

"We are just doing fannnntastic these days. Couldn't be better!"

Two days later they lay off half the workforce.

The guy is doing exactly what every single other large company would do... try to control the PR spin... and all of a sudden he's some super evil guy who needs to be fired? Pfft.

You should listen to your own words here. The NFL is trying to protect their "integrity" and credibility, thats why they have ordered this investigation. You honestly dont think they will fire Goodell if he really had seen the video yet lied multiple times about it? Get real. The NFL will protect themselves and boot Goodell in a heartbeat to try and show people they have "standards".

I can't stand the internet tough guys who are all now super incredulous, tearing up the NFL, Goodell, etc. i just think it is way, WAY too easy of a freakin' political grandstanding opportunity. "Oh everyone!! Look at me! Look how angry I am over this!!!"

Where are all of these people the other fcking 364 days a year when women aren't just knocked out but are actually killed by way of domestic violence?

Here is video of an extremely high profile situation, that has caused a media storm, and every *****enozzle with a Twitter account or an online blog decides they are all of a sudden going to be incredulous about the topic?

Fcccccccccck youuuuuuuu.

Oh NOW you're going to step forward and show everyone how high and mighty you are??

*****enozzles... Every one of em.

That's fine but czaben has been calling for goodells regulation for years. I'm not trying to defend him

We've been over this already. The NFL isn't just any ol' American corp. they are a controlled monopoly. Tax exempt. Under more scrutiny.

facts-about-europe.jpg

Hate to agree with FF but he's right. There are two issues here.

The issue of domestic violence and the issue of protecting the brand. For a society the issue of DV is an ugly blight and those who commit those acts should be punished.

In this thread no one is talking about what is best for society, it's about sports and fan allegiance. As the front man for the league Goodell should have protected the league by doing what he us usually does, kicking ass and taking names. What was the upside of being lenient towards a wife beater? Not much. The down side? People started calling for his head weeks ago when he let the guy off with a slap on the wrist.

I agree, in and of itself the tape is nothing, everyone already knew what happened in the elevator. But the tape is proof that Goodell stepped in some **** and wasn't smart enough to wipe it off his shoes. If he didn't impose a strict punishment in a wife beater he should have. If he didn't see that tape he should have. If he doesn't have competent people around him to keep him from stepping in **** he should have.

He screw up and his incompetent handling of the situation damaged the league, and the owners need to protect their brand, themselves, their teams and their league and sacrifice him on The Alter of Trending Now.

Hate to agree with FF but he's right. There are two issues here.

The issue of domestic violence and the issue of protecting the brand. For a society the issue of DV is an ugly blight and those who commit those acts should be punished.

In this thread no one is talking about what is best for society, it's about sports and fan allegiance. As the front man for the league Goodell should have protected the league by doing what he us usually does, kicking ass and taking names. What was the upside of being lenient towards a wife beater? Not much. The down side? People started calling for his head weeks ago when he let the guy off with a slap on the wrist.

I agree, in and of itself the tape is nothing, everyone already knew what happened in the elevator. But the tape is proof that Goodell stepped in some **** and wasn't smart enough to wipe it off his shoes. If he didn't impose a strict punishment in a wife beater he should have. If he didn't see that tape he should have. If he doesn't have competent people around him to keep him from stepping in **** he should have.

He screw up and his incompetent handling of the situation damaged the league, and the owners need to protect their brand, themselves, their teams and their league and sacrifice him on The Alter of Trending Now.

What was the maximum suspension Goodell could have given Ray Rice under the CBA?

Here's the thing that really gets me... NOW - the National Organization for Women - just yesterday started calling for Goodell's head. Now, these folks, as a profession, are theoretically out there on the front lines against domestic violence against women. And it took THEM seeing the video to say "wait a minute Goodell, 2 weeks was way too lenient, why did you wait this long to really act against Rice, you don't deserve your job!"

Pants on heads, people. Pants on heads.

Maybe whoever's in charge of NOW should consider resigning too...

This is a great learning experience for the wives of highly paid athletes. How many women are going to keep their mouth shut to keep the paycheck coming in. An unfortunate but realistic side effect.
Maybe the Ravens would like to donate a portion of Ray's salary to go toward domestic violence education.

Sent from the kingdom of beer.

That's bullshti. I totally said the same thing twenty posts ago. Don't go stealin' my knowledge !

I love that commercial.... Where the employee says something at a table where a meeting is going on (I think its a UPS commercial maybe )....

total silence.

The boss then says the exact same words but uses his hand for emphasis.

Everyone goes nuts agreeing...

That commercial just happened. Except you're not the boss. But... Maybe... some middle tier guy from Accounting... who's real dream is to hit it big on The Voice if you could only get up the courage to sing in public and get your mom to finish the snazzy sequined one-piece jumpsuit you have asked her over and over again to finish. "MOM!! Jumpsuit!!!! Make it happen!!! Wanna get on The Voice and you're fcukin with my shti!!!"

That's what it was like.

Huh, sure didn't feel like that. Felt like a well thought out post without the Cape hyperbole.
Felt like a strong statement with strong intent.
Felt like the kind of post fans from all teams could admire.
Felt like the post of the year in this thread.
Feels like you wish you were me. It's OK Cape, I get that all the time.

Here's the thing that really gets me... NOW - the National Organization for Women - just yesterday started calling for Goodell's head. Now, these folks, as a profession, are theoretically out there on the front lines against domestic violence against women. And it took THEM seeing the video to say "wait a minute Goodell, 2 weeks was way too lenient, why did you wait this long to really act against Rice, you don't deserve your job!"

Pants on heads, people. Pants on heads.

Maybe whoever's in charge of NOW should consider resigning too...

Where do you get your information from? The toilet store?

You were right that NOW is calling for his resignation, but not just for the Rice incident but all domestic violence cases that have happened in the NFL without punishment. Yes, this incident is the one that made them vocal about domestic violence in the NFL, but could they really ask for his resignation when such an issue wasnt taking the media by storm? Since Goodell has been the commissioner, there have been a countless number of players who have been charged with domestic violence. Wanna guess what a majority of there punishments from the NFL were? Not a damn thing. First Take this morning had the numbers and it was shocking. Certainly not something that any of us would have thought or typically hear about from the NFL. Around 50 or so cases where the NFL did not pass down any punishment to players who were charged with domestic violence against a woman. This is an issue that has been going on, even before Goodell, but one that has not been handled correctly at all. Nothing has been done to try and stop domestic violence, until they banned Rice. NOW isnt in the wrong here trying to figure out why so many domestic violence cases have just been looked over by the NFL.

Huh, sure didn't feel like that. Felt like a well thought out post without the Cape hyperbole.
Felt like a strong statement with strong intent.
Felt like the kind of post fans from all teams could admire.
Felt like the post of the year in this thread.
Feels like you wish you were me. It's OK Cape, I get that all the time.

Nope

This is a great learning experience for the wives of highly paid athletes. How many women are going to keep their mouth shut to keep the paycheck coming in. An unfortunate but realistic side effect.
Maybe the Ravens would like to donate a portion of Ray's salary to go toward domestic violence education.

The price they pay to sit poolside why their maid does the cooking and cleaning.

I'd take a blow every now and then for that...

The price they pay to sit poolside why their maid does the cooking and cleaning.

I'd take a blow every now and then for that...

I had the same conversation with the SWMBO. She was all judgmental and I called bullshti. "Ok so... If I could wave a magic wand and guarantee we would get $25 million dollars if I could punch you in the face once, would you do it?"

She hesitated and I instantly went "ohhh fccccccck you. You would do that in a SECOND so spare me the act".

Anyone who says they wouldn't is full of sht.

Latest posts

Back