Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Utter domination. And an amazingly coherent effort - on both sides of the line - for this early in the season.
Gotta feel pretty good about the Patriots chances at this point...

[edit] Forgot about the "no snap" play. Hilarious! I've never seen that before...

[another edit] For fans of teams that will never see this happen ;)

Last edited:
what happened,
1. Over-coaching/someone had a stroke--Time out called and ruined a perfectly good play.
2. Prevent defense allowed the rookie quarterback, who had been struggling all day, to gain confidence and rhythm. The tested-out method is to stunt and blitz and stunt and blitz new quarterbacks. Didn't do it.

1. Over-coaching/someone had a stroke--Time out called and ruined a perfectly good play.
2. Prevent defense allowed the rookie quarterback, who had been struggling all day, to gain confidence and rhythm. The tested-out method is to stunt and blitz and stunt and blitz new quarterbacks. Didn't do it.

3. Illegal pick not called on last TD.

Holy shti..... (the Browns fan that fell off the van),.. so no... not so spectacular

IMG_3431.JPG

That’s horrible though. I (like everyone did) thought it was just some drunk idiot that fell.

Even if it was a drunk idiot, I don’t wanna see someone get hurt like that. Ehhhh except maybe those Bills Mafia idiots... those folks... I’ll sleep at night... but I feel bad about this guy

This morning I was bummed I’d miss the end of the Bronco-Raiders game because I’m on the road to Portland tomorrow.

Right now, I’m kind of thankful I won’t have to sit through the 4th quarter.

PSA: Brees ain't elite no mo'. Saving NO's bacon in the last seconds ain't domination.
Otherwise, watching the Broncos pretty much doing nothing to win this game...

That’s horrible though. I (like everyone did) thought it was just some drunk idiot that fell.

Even if it was a drunk idiot, I don’t wanna see someone get hurt like that. Ehhhh except maybe those Bills Mafia idiots... those folks... I’ll sleep at night... but I feel bad about this guy

You better donate you Richard

PSA: Brees ain't elite no mo'. Saving NO's bacon in the last seconds ain't domination.
Otherwise, watching the Broncos pretty much doing nothing to win this game...
If you consider how the refs managed to blow another easy peasy decision right before the half and most likely would have meant a field goal going into the half and then having 37 seconds to get the kicker into a not very likely FG to win, plus 370 yards passing even forgetting his past record breaking feats, I think 95% of non biased sports fans would call him elite.
But being a Saints fan, I am biased! :)

What rumors?

He defended people who either participated in, or knowingly turned a blind eye towards, the pay-to-injure scheme.

Pro football players already have a decreased life expectancy, and many have a severely decreased quality of life in their later years.

Brees betrayed his fellow players for a piece of jewelry.

What rumors?

He defended people who either participated in, or knowingly turned a blind eye towards, the pay-to-injure scheme.

Pro football players already have a decreased life expectancy, and many have a severely decreased quality of life in their later years.

Brees betrayed his fellow players for a piece of jewelry.
None of us know what really happened and lots of what was said was pure BS. The NFL knew it but chose not to let the whole story out. Those of us who know players and personnel know that most of what the outside heard was made up. And if you think other teams weren't doing the exact same thing to win, you're fooling yourself.
There are a few bad players in the NFL just like any institution but the majority of them are very good people. Many, like Brees, who puts his money to good use to help others. He just doesn't brag about it.

None of that excuses what the new orleans team did. It happened, whether other teams were doing it or not doesn't excuse what they did. Whatever the league did after they found out doesn't change that it happened.

Coaches like Gregg Williams and Sean Payton should still be forbidden from going anywhere near any kind of football field.

Writing a few checks to a couple of worthy causes does nothing for the players that had their careers cut short. We'll never even know the extent of the damage that was done.

If you consider how the refs managed to blow another easy peasy decision right before the half and most likely would have meant a field goal going into the half and then having 37 seconds to get the kicker into a not very likely FG to win, plus 370 yards passing even forgetting his past record breaking feats, I think 95% of non biased sports fans would call him elite.
But being a Saints fan, I am biased! :)

Brees sucks

I've mocked and laughed at AB these past few months but if you read this chicks story, it sounds like BS.....she came back around 3 times, the final time being after they went clubbing and she came to his house for some food.....it's BS money chaser.....or a Dolphins fan lol

Oh and go Cowboys!

I’m betting my mortgage on the Dolphins if that is the actual line.

Week one in the NFL, especially these days with no one playing in preseason, means nothing for predicting anything. The Pats could have won 42-0 or lost 42-0 and it would mean about the same to me in terms of what I thought the rest of the season was gonna look like.

19.5 is ridiculous for any NFL game. Pats look good on paper and in week one... and the Dolphins do look the opposite... but that’s ridiculous.

Back