Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was playing football. The offense snapped the ball. Was it bush league nonsense? yes. But, he did not roll into anything and the player was not in a vulnerable position at all. If anyone was going to get hurt it was him for being a jack@ss. Man, you guys really don't know anything about football. It's really quite amazing.

You’re an embarrassment to your family

No dumbazz. A rb isn’t receiving the ball therefor doesn’t need to establish possession throughout the catch

Sweet fail though.

A RB receives the ball; just through a handoff or a pitch, or even a pass, you fool.

Possession was established when, ya know, he caught the ball.

Your post didn't survive the ground. Step it up.

I have no problem saying the rule is dumb. The only problem is they would have left just over 30 seconds on the clock. More than enough time for Brady to score three more touchdowns. I mean, you guys saw how he was playing right?

I have no problem saying the rule is dumb. The only problem is they would have left just over 30 seconds on the clock. More than enough time for Brady to score three more touchdowns. I mean, you guys saw how he was playing right?

No, I think the Steelers would've finally quit calling their "let's leave Gronkowski wide open 25 yards down field. Again." coverage.

lol!

Ok, at least it appears the more sentient participants have resolved that there is a rule and the play in question was in violation.
I don't disagree that the rule, such as it is, is problematic, just like a couple of other ball-possession rules.
Prime example: an offensive fumble through the end zone is a touchback. WTF - why reward the D for that?
Imo a more equitable result would be to call the play dead, go back to the LOS and run the next down.
Just like an incomplete pass...

You pats are like hitting the bee hive. Win you get all puffy and aggressive. Lose and get all lethargic like someone did a massive bong hit in your face

Well that sucks. Still early-ish though, yes?
My best days up on the Olympic Peninsula rivers there was always snow on the ground and ice in the air...

If you have a fish in your hands but stumble as you are climbing out of the stream and the fish falls from your hand back into the stream do you still get to have it for supper? You should definitely still get the fish for supper. You had possession of the fish when you stepped out of the stream. Anything else is stupid. Right?

If you have a fish in your hands but stumble as you are climbing out of the stream and the fish falls from your hand back into the stream do you still get to have it for supper? You should definitely still get the fish for supper. You had possession of the fish when you stepped out of the stream. Anything else is stupid. Right?

You're face is stupid.

So, those Jaguars made it to the postseason... Go Jacksonville...

Also, teams should know not to throw the ball in the endzone against the Patriots, just run the ball.

Looks like Rodgers watched the Pats game and realized it was no use to play the rest of the season.

Can you still win MVP when you quit on your team? Watching his teammates on IR.

You can now understand Martellus Bennett's frustration in getting away as far as possible from Wisconsin.

The Packers probably saw his performance this past weekend and... “you know what Aaron... why don’t you just go ahead and rest up buddy”

“Quick.. who needs a QB we can trade this guy to in the offseason!? Right! Someone get Seattle on the phone!”

Looks like Rodgers watched the Pats game and realized it was no use to play the rest of the season.

Can you still win MVP when you quit on your team? Watching his teammates on IR.

You can now understand Martellus Bennett's frustration in getting away as far as possible from Wisconsin.

In his defense he’s only going to be watching for two more weeks

You guys are so dumb. As a shareholder I approve of moving him to IR again, losing the last two and cleaning management house.

Back