oaked Yeti clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emillswrx

Reaction score
I just brewed this yesterday following a recipe close to the original after an exhaustive internet search. My OG is 1.094 so I figure I'm off to a good start. I've oaked some stouts in the past soaking oak chips in bourbon for about 2 weeks and then adding them to secondary for 5-7 days but this time I'm looking to make the flavor more subtle. I'm drinking my bourbon oaked stout now and tis just got more bourbon flavor than I want in my yeti clone. What struck me about the Oaked Yeti that I had was that the Oak was subtle, and the thick mouthfeel and complex grain profile really came through...thats what I'm shooting for. do you think I should just sanitize the oak and add to secondary without the bourbon soak? Also, I've considered adding a vanilla bean and/or coffee to make things more interesting, do you think that a little oak, vanilla and coffee would be overkill? I just want this brew to be extra special, for gifts and aging...

Back