NW Ohio Brewer here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vance71975

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm Vance im from a small town in NW Ohio that most people have never heard of. I Started off as a home wine and mead maker some 18 years ago, i was 17, and it was quick easy booze when i couldn't buy booze lol. I dabbled in beer making then as well, but since i was out to get drunk fast, wine was stronger and faster. I got back into the fermentation hobbies again about 2 years ago while living in Seattle and i have not looked back, i was averaging 2-4 brews a month for the first year. I brew against the style norms, i use odd grain choices to achieve the style numbers, for example Oat Malt as a Base for stout,porter,mild,brown, etc. Way i see it, if i am just making something that i can go buy a craft brewed example of, why bother. I want to brew something you wont find on any shelf in any store.

Greetings from about an hour east of US127...:p

Welcome to the madness!

Enjoy!

Im guessing that should be Toledo area, or close to it? 127 runs straight through the center of Bryan,Ohio where i live lol.

I'm in the big town of Columbus Grove, OH (1 stop light). I haven't seen alot of people from ohio on here. good to see a few though

Welcome from Central Ohio...there are actually quite a few Ohio brewers around the forum...

Welcome from Central Ohio...there are actually quite a few Ohio brewers around the forum...

Good to know I am hoping all my fellow Ohio Brewers will be supporting my book when it comes out, which should be soon, i am done with the editorial process next is layout, once layout is done it is cover design then pricing,then up for sale online.
It wont be in book stores, though it will be on the list that they order from, so those wanting to order it through major book stores should be able to, but heck amazon is easy to order from! I'm guessing it should be a couple more months, hopefully sooner! For those who dont know, the title is Bizarre Brews 101, it is a bunch of my personal recipes that are truly unique and bizarre, at least by the standards of conventional brewing. The BJCP guidelines really go out the window in this book, as a matter of fact most all of the recipes would likely have to be entered in the specialty ale category :D.

I used to live in Marion a few years back and always thought Delaware was a neat town. . .

Delaware is pretty neat. It has that old, small town feel. I grew up in Tiffin (20min east of Findlay) and Delaware's downtown reminds me a lot of downtown Tiffin.

I'm in the big town of Columbus Grove, OH (1 stop light). I haven't seen alot of people from ohio on here. good to see a few though

Hey there are some of us a lot closer than you think, I'm from Ottawa and have a buddy in Glandorf and we both homebrew

Latest posts

Back