Nutrachef mini keg carbing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say I'm going to get 2.5 gallon kegs, with all the apparatuses i need to get also, 4 or 5 of these self-contained little jobbies might just be enough for around the same price and christmas is coming lol

@crosschk
Having seen your setup, I have a minikeg the same size. I use mine with " ready " beer on awaydays.
I have fitted a mini regulator and adapter to use a sodastream cylinder. This is much more controllable and a little cheaper. As others mention large CO2 cylinder is cheapest gas and you can get an adapter that allows you to refill your sodastream cylinders.
My keg only a dull silver not racing black.
Glad it all worked out for you.

@crosschk
Having seen your setup, I have a minikeg the same size. I use mine with " ready " beer on awaydays.
I have fitted a mini regulator and adapter to use a sodastream cylinder. This is much more controllable and a little cheaper. As others mention large CO2 cylinder is cheapest gas and you can get an adapter that allows you to refill your sodastream cylinders.
My keg only a dull silver not racing black.
Glad it all worked out for you.
I used to have an adaptor for sodastream to use paintball canisters. I bet you can do the same for these

I say I'm going to get 2.5 gallon kegs, with all the apparatuses i need to get also, 4 or 5 of these self-contained little jobbies might just be enough for around the same price and christmas is coming lol
Those cartridges are crazy expensive for the tiny bit of CO2 they provide...
Look on Craigslist, Amazon's Marketplace, etc. for any (local) offerings of a real CO2 tank.

Those cartridges are crazy expensive for the tiny bit of CO2 they provide...
Look on Craigslist, Amazon's Marketplace, etc. for any (local) offerings of a real CO2 tank.

damn, and i didn't want to say a 1 gallon keg is only a day's worth.....thought a buck or so for a keg was alright for a keg of beer?

Thanks again everyone. I'm going to work on getting a proper kegging system. I'll start a new thread with THOSE questions that I'm sure have been answered plenty of times lol

Involves 2.5 gallon kegs, 5lb co2 tank and the hose party tap things. Once I have a plan I'll post for advice..

Thanks to all of you again

Back