Nukatap counter pressure filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very similar, to me. I'm struggling to see what it does better than an original beergun, tbh. A beergun seems to be simpler and works fine.

If you wanna nit-pic over oxygen...the beergun has the actual valve at the tip so that when you pull the botlle away the tube won't drain and fill with air. Sure it may have a purge, but first it has to evacuate the O2 from the fill tube each time. I've got the ball-lock adapter for my Nukatap and I can plug my beer gun into that and fill my bottles over a more spill-friendly surface than the top of my kegerator...if you're filling more than a 6-pack, that drip tray will over fill, plus; there's no room on my kegerator to set my capper down.

I have a tapcooler and am pretty happy with it so far. I have only bottled about 50 so far so I cant speak to durability but it functions well. It is really simple to use.

The nukatap looks very similar... like exactly the same except with duotight fittings. The included duotight fittings defineatly offer some flexibility right out of the box. With the tapcooler you would need to buy all that stuff separately (extention tubing, ball lock connector, etc.). That makes the Nukatap considerably cheaper.

I doubt the plastic duotight parts are as durable as the stainless tapcooler parts but they are readily available and easy to replace.

Back