Nugget Nectar is different year by year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbrews

Reaction score
In the past 5 years, Troegs brewed one great version of this beer. It was heavy on the Columbus hops, dank, dry, highly drinkable.

This years version seems to be quite fruity and the yeast esters pop more than the hops do. It's almost as if there were fermentation temperature issues with this batch.

Your thoughts?

Interesting. The first time I had it, it had this huge tangerine flavor. Tried it the next year and it wasn't quite the same. I haven't felt like it's worth the high price point these days.

I couldn't agree more...the first time I had nugget nectar my tax guy took 12 bombers and a six pack as payment...I went and saw him late in the day and we split a bomber...my initial thought was it was liquid gold!

I went and bought two six packs and never looked back...but every year since the taste has changed...my palate for hops isn't that great I admit but there is something different year after year and i just can't put my finger on exactly what it is

Back