Now this is just getting stupid.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
It's February. We should be starting the downhill run to spring. The temp is -51º C with the wind chill and 81% humidity. That's ridiculous. I wanted to brew this weekend. I SHOULD be able to brew, because like a good Canadian, I'd do it in weather that would make an ordinary man fart icicles, but this is a little over the top. Global warming my ass!

freaking_cold.jpg

Sorry, what was that you tried to say?

I'm sitting here in the high 50ºs at past 10:00PM, and expecting another warm clear day tomorrow.

I love Global Warming.

Yeah, awesome weather here in CS today... Got all the windows open and fans on. It feel GREAT!

You wont hate us when we are pushing 103 in July and you are probably sitting at a tosty 65... If I am putting wet t-shirts on my carboys now...

deathweed said:
You wont hate us when we are pushing 103 in July and you are probably sitting at a tosty 65... If I am putting wet t-shirts on my carboys now...

Actually, we get 103º in July too. Our days also get much longer than yours. Winters are horrible and summers are fantastic. Well, fantastic if you're like me and like the heat and HATE THE COLD!!!!

103 really? Last time I went that far north in the summer, I packed extra sweaters! I dont remember temps NEAR that warm

Fingers said:
Actually, we get 103º in July too. Our days also get much longer than yours. Winters are horrible and summers are fantastic. Well, fantastic if you're like me and like the heat and HATE THE COLD!!!!

Take heat any day. Can always sit in the shade... Had to do a Farenheit to Celsius conversion on that without the windchill and thanks, but -29 is INSANE.

Supposed to be 15 here tomorrow after 49 today. I'll ***** a bit less thanks to your post Fingers.

Stay warm man. :rockin:

Ize

Fingers said:
It's February. We should be starting the downhill run to spring. The temp is -51º C with the wind chill and 81% humidity. That's ridiculous. I wanted to brew this weekend. I SHOULD be able to brew, because like a good Canadian, I'd do it in weather that would make an ordinary man fart icicles, but this is a little over the top. Global warming my ass!

Wimp.jpg

hiding.gif

Global warming doesn't make everything warmer, but it does cause more extreme weather phenomena.

It was up to 75 here yesterday, today, and is expected to be the same tomorrow. It's great for screwing around outside, but I got soaked trying to do heavy exercise/exertion. I can handle the heat alright, but I hate doing it. Then again, a few weeks ago I unexpectedly got my picture taken when I was shoveling snow(while it was snowing) in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals, so that shows how much the cold bothers me.

Brew Runner said:
Global warming doesn't make everything warmer, but it does cause more extreme weather phenomena.

It was up to 75 here yesterday, today, and is expected to be the same tomorrow. It's great for screwing around outside, but I got soaked trying to do heavy exercise/exertion. I can handle the heat alright, but I hate doing it. Then again, a few weeks ago I unexpectedly got my picture taken when I was shoveling snow(while it was snowing) in shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals, so that shows how much the cold bothers me.

70's here in Gainesville all week...I couldn't even imagine being in that weather. If you hate the cold you need to move your a$$ down here to Florida and catch some of this sun!:D I have never seen so many bathing suits in February!

It's -32º Celsius this morning. That's -25.6º Fahrenheit. The wind has finally died down and the humidity is at 67% so it's not all bad. I think I'll pass on the brewing today. I try to stay no lower than -15º C (5º F) for a couple of reasons. First, even at that temperature it's hard to see into your pot. There's so much steam coming off the top you not only can't see your floating thermometer but you can't even tell if the pot is boiling. I've stuck my fingers into boiling water because I couldn't see the top to grab just the top of the thermometer.

The second reason is that it's hard to clean things because the water freezes to the object on contact. You can't rinse away debris if the water just forms an ice layer over it. You have to deluge the object with warm water to get anything clean. When I'm doing a big aluminum pot, the rag keeps sticking to the pot like a tongue to a fence.

Global warming......anybody noticed how the left is saying Climate Change instead? Seems the earth has actually cooled a few in the past few years. Does anybody know what the ideal temp. for the earth is supposed to be anyway?? I think not. Warmest year on date was in 1934. NASA has quietly fixed their math miscalculation!! Lots of carbon emmisions from cars that year....WHAT A CROCK!!:rockin:

http://michellemalkin.com/2007/08/0...98-was-not-the-warmest-year-in-the-millenium/

Cheers and Fair Winds, (Hopefully they will be cool winds!!)

Kevin

-10f here this morning. And Ize, you can have the heat. You say you can always sit in the shade, but you still can only take off so many clothes before you get arrested.

81 here yesterday.....that's not natural, no matter what some people may say....and....Tornadoes in February? Fuhgettaboutit.....

it's been unsually warm here all winter... we've gotten rain at the most... we've gotten a dusting of an inch or less at the most...

this winter sucks here... :(

Back