NOVA Homebrewers Gather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheldon

Reaction score
A new homebrew group has been formed in the Woodbridge area of Northern VA - The Prince William Brewer’s Guild (http://pwbrewers.blogspot.com/). This group of like mined folks are dedicated to education and advancement of the home brewing hobby. The next monthly meeting will be held from noon until you decide to leave on Sunday, August 4 in Woodbridge. Besides sampling members’ home brews and any commercial beer that is brought, there will be eatable refreshments as well. The meeting agenda includes brewing demonstrations of both an extract and all grain recipes as well as a discussion about an upcoming local brewery tour, which always includes samples.
Currently, there is no charge or fee for membership. So if you are at least 21 and have an interest in home brewing or just enjoys sipping some really well made hand crafted beer, feel free to attend. PM me or contact the Guild directly for the address of the meeting.
If you plan on attending, you are encouraged to bring samples of your favorite brews.

Sheldon

checking with wifey to see if we have anything going on Aug. 4th. If not, I will be there for the Barleywine brewing. I'll bring some homebrew if I'm able to make it. :mug:

Thanks for responding. Would Saturday's work? We are just getting started and will do what works for the majority of members.

Sheldon

This one, no. Got a piggy roast to attend. Otherwise I am interested in checking out some HB clubs. I just gotta get off my butt and go since I have been brewing for over three years now. Going to have to break out some bottles to bring some samples though.

Sheldon said:
Thanks for responding. Would Saturday's work? We are just getting started and will do what works for the majority of members.

Sheldon

Actually Saturdays work much better for me. The wife works that day and has Sundays off.

How did the brew day go??!

missed our gravity a bit, but should still have a nice strong barleywine like beer. The IPA is a mystery as to how it will come out. Long day, but with the help of my son Josh, it made the time go quick and we had a few interesting hb's and commercial samples.

See you Sunday, and lets discuss the possibility of moving to Saturday.

Sheldon

We are going to look into Saturdays for meeting dates. It works better for me too. I'll bring it up at the meeting for a decision.

One more shameless plug and bump for our new VA home brewer's "Guild" meeting tomorrow. If interested, see the initial post.

Cheers:mug:

Got back from a great meeting and made a batch of biscuits using used steeping grains that were dried in the oven and ground in the food processor. Great addition to a good recipe.

sounds yummy. We forgot to drink my dubbel, oh well, maybe they will save it for next meeting.

Cheers.

Brewed a pumpkin ale and an English ale that will be the strawberry/rhubarb. I did starters for each even though the pumpkin was dry Windsor yeast. They both are kicking out some krausen already.

Latest posts

Back