Nothing to santize with...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mximus11

Reaction score
I was going to the LHBS and got there too late. I am brewing tomorrow and have no sanatizing solution. What should I do? I still want to brew!!!

I have done this before but I thought it was a major no no now. You think I'll be alright with it as long as I rinse really well?

I've used a diluted bleach-vinegar solution for 8 or so brews with no real problems, however a real sanitizer is soon to come. It works, it is little bit of a hassle and destroys my already destroyed hands

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how it turns out.

I generally eye-ball about a half cup of bleach for a 3 gallon bucket of water. Make sure to rinse thoroughly.

Oh...and have they finished construction on that bridge yet? Biking season is around the corner and we have many-a-trip planned down to WashMO.

Oh yeah, the bridge is finished! I hope you plan on making a trip to Augusta Brewery! Let me know amd perhaps we can trade a bottle or two of homebrew!

I generally eye-ball about a half cup of bleach for a 3 gallon bucket of water. Make sure to rinse thoroughly.

Oh...and have they finished construction on that bridge yet? Biking season is around the corner and we have many-a-trip planned down to WashMO.

All you really need is a capful for 5 gallons. And rinse really really well.

Forrest

Back