Nothing happening? Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomplum

Reaction score
Hi I have a 5 gallon batch of TC in primary now it's been in over a week and started off fermenting brilliantly until 3 days ago and there is no sign of activity no more. I used my hydrometer on it and remains the same about 1-2% abv. Sorry I'm not the best at reading these as I'm new? But for a few days now it's been the same reading? I used cider yeast ? Any help please

I don't know what "TC" is, but it sounds like fermentation has slowed and is finishing up.

To read the hydrometer, look at the "specific gravity" side. It should say something like 1.010 at this point. The % alcohol side is "potential alcohol", which is really useless because it reads the potential alcohol that is left if the cider ferments out more. That means you have 1-2% MORE that is possible, not how much alcohol is in the cider.

Argh ok that sounds better then. Had me worrying that I had messed the batch up. TC is turbo cider. I shall read it again. Thanks

Back