Not sure what I just ordered?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will show up at my door?

• Total voters
Hopefully that is what you bought. Certainly looks like it from the description but the price is a huge clue! Do post back to tell us what you received. Hopefully if it is a C02 regulator that is actually works. At least your not out a lot of money. Hope it works out for you!

John

@jcav - My exact thoughts. I will try to remember to report back what I get.

@bleme - I missed out on that! ;) I would just be using this for a secondary regulator and the rest for spare parts. So, we'll see what comes in the mail.

I have ordered quite a few things in those e-packets from China. By the time they get here, I've forgotten that I ordered it. I've only been disappointed once though. I ordered a pump once and when it got here, it was the size of my thumb but when I compared it to the ad, all the information was accurate. I just hadn't looked at it carefully enough.

This is sketch. I’d be wary of buying some crap from China on eBay for a buck.

Last edited:
Specs suggest that this is a high-pressure regulator.
Outlet Pressure: 0MPa - 40MPa
Mega Pascal. 1MPa = 91psi

Interesting, didn't really look at that. I was so stunned by the price I forgot to look at details. If it comes, wouldn't it still work for beer?

If you look toward the bottom of the item page there are other regulators that look to be the same thing for sale at $29, $33, and $37.

I wonder if the "two rubber bands" thing is referring to the rubber covers to the gauges.

Interesting, didn't really look at that. I was so stunned by the price I forgot to look at details. If it comes, wouldn't it still work for beer?
Depending on how precise the regulator can be adjusted, but probably not. If the precision is 1MPa, one adjustment ups your pressure by 91psi. Your degree between 0-1 is 91psi.

The title says "Home Draft Beer Brewing." Yeah, it's for a homebrew setup.

I'm highly tempted to order one just because. Only thing is I already have several spare regulators....

Look under negative feedback, the 5th item matches the description of yours:

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...ch=negative&interval=30&_trkparms=negative_30

Not sure what they got though, maybe the item from the top of that list??? :bott:

LMFAO
the first guy gives negative feedback complaining about his anal vibrator
I got a great laugh out of that

upload_2019-1-30_9-1-20.png

If you look closely at the high pressure gauge it goes up to 3000 psi. So it's not a normal gauge for showing amount left in the CO2 cylinder.

The other gauge goes up to 60 psi, which is normal for this application.

For 4 bucks id just add this to my existing primary regulator. Use it as a secondary. Get a plug for the top gauge hole and a left thread nipple to join them. As long as it doesn’t leak you’ll be stoked.

Well, whatever it is shipped out yesterday! Now all I have to do is wait a month and we’ll figure it out! :)

Well, whatever it is shipped out yesterday! Now all I have to do is wait a month and we’ll figure it out! :)
Maybe we can do a poll of what we think you'll be getting.

==> I'm saying you're getting an AC adapter plug, as pictured in the last 3 images.
Not a CO2 regulator as was advertised for $3.54, including shipping.

That sure would be a bummer. I could definitively say it was a bust of a purchase at least ;)
In all likelihood, it will be just fine. I'd recommend tightening all fittings and adding teflon tape where appropriate. There are junk sellers out there but they don't stay in business long, and besides, you have invested very little. At this price they can sell a bunch of units and build up a good rating/feedback, then raise the price to a profitable level. I've been to a couple dozen factories in China, and they more or less know how to make a quality product. Met some fantastic engineers, nice people to collaborate with on new products. Masters at cost reduction, though it always involves tradeoffs.

Maybe we can do a poll of what we think you'll be getting.

==> I'm saying you're getting an AC adapter plug, as pictured in the last 3 images.
Not a CO2 regulator as was advertised for $3.54, including shipping.

As requested I have add a poll for voting what I will receive, even if it is not much at least we can have fun with it! :tank:

QUOTE="BigJoeBrew, post: 8510404, member: 158581"]@IslandLizard - Thanks! I forgot washers or rubber bands when I made the poll.[/QUOTE]
YVW!
Are the rubber bands the same what we refer to as the plastic washers?

Or are they the black rubber surrounds on the gauges?

Latest posts

Back