Not Privy to the acronymns here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguy

Reaction score
:off: This is a dumb question, but....What in the heck does SWMBO stand for? From what I can gather everyone is using this to refer to their spouse in this forum.

Let me be the first to offer a friendly bit of advice. There is a HUGE storehouse of info available through the use of the SEARCH function. Give it a whirl, see what you find. Then come back to this thread and enjoy the onslaught of frivolity that will occur.

As other questions come to mind, search the bejesus out of them and you'll be tapping into the awesome array of info others have covered long before we even knew this board existed.

Ok, Flame on everyone.

But even though some people have no sense of fun...can't we still play? It's been at least a couple months since someone actually didn't search and started at thread asking to do this...

Sill Wizards Making Baby Orangutans....

AND if anyone would care to learn some tips to make using search less painful I once spent 3 hours putting a primer on some tricks and tips that I figured out, to getting better results here. It's really not that difficult to make it work for you...I use it at least 50 times a day on here...usually to point people to what they coulda searched for themselves...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/1048306-post153.html

Dammit, none of you understand the SWMBO game. When someone asks this you must come up with as many wacky possible answers as you can before revealing the truth. You're all doing it wrong.
helicopter-1024x738.jpg

edit: thank you revvy.

Suppose a Walrus Met Barrack Obama.

I completely stand by the need of figuring these things out on your own. It is more fun that way. Like a good natured hazing. He already new what it meant in his OP, just not exactly what it stood for. With a proper amount of searching you can find out what every acronim means and where it originated. IMHO :)D) if you don't care enough to search for a while, you should be berated by things like "Someone Wants My Big Organ" till you have giggled yourself to death.

Coastie...I really really really hope that picture had a happy ending...I'm no pilot or nothing, but I don't think "hoppy copters" are supposed to do that. :D

But yeah, it's part of the harmless hazing we do here...it's not like some of the other brewing boards where people chew people a new a$$hole for not searching..we may make jokes like this but it is really harmless...and a lot the OP's have thick skin, and even join in on the fun...

She Would Maybe Buy Oranges?

sometimes
we
miss
being
ostracized

Been a while since I played...and for what it's worth, when I first joined I took the SWMBO search off of HBT and straight to google. Searching doesn't have to happen just on the site.

I wouldn't worry about that picture. Many helos can roll/loop, going inverted (transient), there's just not any reason to. None at all really. I think I saw cockpit footage of a 53 doing it, and that's a big boy.

So, Who Might Be Ontop?

So I guess I overreacted. Guilty as charged. I had no idea about the "hazing" techniques of the board. I will play fair next time.

Some Whiny Member Be Overreacting

Early on I did the serach thing. It was certainly entertaining, but I never found the answer. I too knew what it refered to just not the actual meaning. So I, for one, am glad the secret has been revealed.

So what might beer offer?

Eddie

Back