Not done yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psujeeperman02

Reaction score
Brewed an AG zombie dust clone on Sunday May 21. She was bubbling like mad the first couple of days. She's all but stopped by now and I dry hopped it. Took a reading on my refract and it's says 1.038. Could that be true?? I didn't make a starter and I used safale 04 dry with a yeast nutrient. Do I pitch another packet?

Brewed an AG zombie dust clone on Sunday May 21. She was bubbling like mad the first couple of days. She's all but stopped by now and I dry hopped it. Took a reading on my refract and it's says 1.038. Could that be true?? I didn't make a starter and I used safale 04 dry with a yeast nutrient. Do I pitch another packet?

You can't use a refractometer with the presence of alcohol without making a correction.

Here is one: https://www.brewersfriend.com/refractometer-calculator/

Didn't realize that. First time using one. Still tastes rather sweet though. Will check the calc tomorrow. On the road at the moment. Thanks!

S-04 is a beast. It always finishes in a blink and clears shortly later. I have used it many times and I have never had it stop fermenting midway through the process.

That recipe is supposed to finish at 1.018 which is rather sweet/full bodied. It has caramel malt, carafoam, and melanoiden. Carafoam especially leaves a sweetness that doesn't ferment out. It is meant to help balance the heavy hop schedule.

Back