Nostalgia Kegerator wont pour beer- worked fine for 5 days then stopped-have pressure and beer in line going to tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winner155

Reaction score
On my kegerator, I hooked up a keg and it worked fine for five days. Came back three days later and no beer will come out of tap. Have pressure, have beer in keg, line is not frozen (happened to me once when someone we wont mention left door ajar). I pull the tap and get a drip. Can anyone help me? Could the actual tap be broken? How would you fix that? Thanks in advance, I have half a keg of two roads that I do not want to lose.

Yup, definitely the place to start.

One could test that theory using a towel and something pointy. Wad the former over the post and use the latter to press open the poppet. If the towel doesn't immediately get soaked, remove the gas connector, depressurize the keg (latch the keg prv open if so equipped), remove the post and check it out. And while in there, might want to pull the long dip tube and make sure that isn't clogged as well. Sanitize all bits after cleaning/before re-installation...

Cheers! (and Welcome to HBT, @winner155! :mug: )

Thanks for your reply. What, pray tell, is a poppet? How do you pull a dip tube? I assume you are talking about a tune within the actual keg? Thank very much. I apologize for not responding sooner but my job is a 24/7 on call thing and I get pulled away just when I do something I want to do.

Are you using a corny keg or a commercial keg? Poppets are found on corny kegs, but not commercial kegs with Sanke connections. Is you CO2 tank open? Is the regulator valve open? Is the CO2 tank empty?

I had similar issues recently and couldn’t find the problem. Took the faucet apart cleaned it after checking all the other things mentioned (diptube, poppets, connections). Turned out the slide inside the faucet was sticking and not opening the faucet when the handle was pulled for serving. After disassembly and cleaning I was back to pouring like a champ.

Latest posts

Back