northern brewer black IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
wow..... just tapped the keg and this is fantastic... last drink was a couple minutes ago and still have the hoppiness on the back of my tongue.

I also did the Ace of Spades and while very good, I expected it to be a tad better.

Might have to give that black a try. My recipe is a favorite but I don't use any sugar or chinook hops which are some of my favorite hops.

One of the last brews I did before selling all of my stuff and taking an unwanted break from brewing was the hopstache black ipa from Midwest and that is by far my favorite beer I have made. I was really upset when that keg emptied. as soon as my supplies get here a black ipa is at the top of my list of things to brew.

That looks like a pretty killer recipe. May have to give it a try. Any thoughts on substituting White Labs WLP001 for the Wyeast 1272 American Ale Yeast II? ive just had really good luck with WLP001 but Im not sure how it would work with the black IPA

Back