New England IPA "Northeast" style IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished fermenting, the sample the other day had that same delicate grapefruit aroma in the flavor, really nice. I’ve always liked a little bit of that “green” hop flavor so I’m hopeful I’m gonna like what the fresh hop adds. Planning to cold crash and dry hop w citra, galaxy and chinook pellets.
Glad to hear your feedback. I grew cascade, Columbus, and Cashmere this year and yielded about 15 oz of wet hops and around 3.5 oz after drying (Columbus yielding roughly 60% of that cascade 30% and cashmere only about 10%). Haven’t used them yet but they will be used in my next whirlpool. Hoping next year to be able to do single wet hop ales with them

I just got some Enigma and I'm really excited to try that. I read some posts here that Enigma when paired well is quite potent. So I'm looking for advice which hops should I pair with Enigma to get Enigma's full potent out. I have lot's of different hops on hand for example Riwaka, Rakau, Galaxy, I7, Nelson and the usual suspects. I've studied Enigma's hop profile but can anyone tell what kind of flavor and aroma Enigma brings to the table when used in WP and cold side? My latest brew was inspired by Dgallo's Citra, I7 & Strata and that was so delicius. Thanks for sharing the recipe Dgallo👍 One option would be subbing Strata with Enigma with that last brew. What do you think, threat or opportunity?

Force carbed sample of leftovers after kegging this today. After having a bottle of @Dgallo flockin juicy, I thought Id take a stab at this hop combo going for the pineapple/tropical theme. Went with Bru-1 (50/50 mix of t90 and lupomax), Citra Lupomax, and Vic Secret for the DH in a 2:1:1 ratio. 10oz total, 5oz for each dry hop dose. Definitely like this a lot. Got nice pineapple but a good bit of passionfruity//citrus sweetness on the backend too. Never DH this much either. Seems a little muted atm, but we will see as it develops in the next 7-14 days as it carbs and conditions. Really smooth and drinkable now though with zero harshness. Thanks @Dgallo for the hop combo!
View attachment 742964

View attachment 742965
SO just following up on this beer. 7 days post kegging and shaping up very nice. Love the grain bill, its a great tropical vibe but with more orange /passionfruit and the pineapple is a little more subdued. Little disappointed TBH. Having had @Dgallo flockin juicy which IIRC used Bru-1/Bru-1 LUPOMAX mix in a 3:1:1 ration with Citra LUPOMAX and Vic Secret, that beer had very DISTINCT and definitive pineapple right off the bat. Mine which went with the same DH but in a 2:1:1 ratio seems to be a little pineapple subdued. Its there but not that in your face pineapple I got from @Dgallo brew. Its still a very good beer and super easy drinking but Im thinking the passion fruitiness of Vic Secret is a little more prominent here. Also, and I think this may be the difference here is that I used Imperial Juice Yeast vs @Dgallo using Imperial Dry Hop yeast. IMHO, it does seem to me that Juice might be getting in the way of the hop profile a little more than imperial dry hop (A24). Anyone else get this experience of Juice being a little more prominent vs Dry Hop? Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this beer but it seems Juice might not be letting the hops shine as well as Dry Hop does. Admittedly, Im prob just being overly picky lol.

IMG_0967.jpg

I just got some Enigma and I'm really excited to try that. I read some posts here that Enigma when paired well is quite potent. So I'm looking for advice which hops should I pair with Enigma to get Enigma's full potent out. I have lot's of different hops on hand for example Riwaka, Rakau, Galaxy, I7, Nelson and the usual suspects. I've studied Enigma's hop profile but can anyone tell what kind of flavor and aroma Enigma brings to the table when used in WP and cold side? My latest brew was inspired by Dgallo's Citra, I7 & Strata and that was so delicius. Thanks for sharing the recipe Dgallo👍 One option would be subbing Strata with Enigma with that last brew. What do you think, threat or opportunity?
I really like the idea of Galaxy and Enigma. Maybe at a 2:1 ratio. I think it would really work well

I'm planning on brewing something up once some grain gets here. Going to use Dgallo's 2Row, Spelt, and Honey Malt grain bill. I got a new shipment of hops in. Trying to figure out what a good combo would be. I have 2021 Galaxy, Rakua, and Vic Secret. Also have Citra and El Dorado LupoMax. I was thinking something like Galaxy and El Dorado.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea how Fidens is throwing out such amazing IPAs. I'm curious if anyone has done digging into the yeast they use and their DH schedules. Seems like for a microbrewery their turnaround d times on their IPAs are pretty quick, and hazy as hell.

Anyone have an idea how Fidens is throwing out such amazing IPAs. I'm curious if anyone has done digging into the yeast they use and their DH schedules. Seems like for a microbrewery their turnaround d times on their IPAs are pretty quick, and hazy as hell.
What's "pretty quick"? I was told from a Tree House employee over 5 years ago that they turn around their core neipas in 3 weeks. That's when they were selling out 1100 cases a day 4 days a week in Monson. Obviously things may have changed since then, but that's very achievable on a home brew level.

What's "pretty quick"? I was told from a Tree House employee over 5 years ago that they turn around their core neipas in 3 weeks. That's when they were selling out 1100 cases a day 4 days a week in Monson. Obviously things may have changed since then, but that's very achievable on a home brew level.
Well it seems that Fidens pushes out 3 to 4 different beers per week on Saturdays and sell out usually that day. I believe they have a 7 bbl brewhouse. I'm sure sure they have many FVs but it seems like they've got new beers every week. So I guess I'm not sure what their turnaround time is on their beers but yeah, could be 3ish weeks if they have enough FVs to accommodate that.

Well it seems that Fidens pushes out 3 to 4 different beers per week on Saturdays and sell out usually that day. I believe they have a 7 bbl brewhouse. I'm sure sure they have many FVs but it seems like they've got new beers every week. So I guess I'm not sure what their turnaround time is on their beers but yeah, could be 3ish weeks if they have enough FVs to accommodate that.
Their turn around time is 2-3 weeks for ipas. 3-4 for their big stouts.

And yeah they have many fermenters, last time I talked to Steve and Mike they had over 10 vessels (uni-tanks, Fv, and brites) but even since then they posted a picture brining in even more.

They are heavy oat grain bills, lower dryhop temperatures and even dryhop at lower rates then most of the big guys

Yeast they are hush hush, I’ve come to know them well and steve is the only one who pitches yeast, some of the brewers don’t even know what strain they are running lol

Ok Ive been thinking about this for a while now but what are ya'll setting your NEIPAs at for carbonation volumes? I've always been setting them to 2.34-2.4 vols based on standard carbonation charts: my keezer runs an average of 39 degrees and have regulators set to 10psi. Im also using 4mm Evabarrier tubing and determine my line length from Mike Soltys website. I am thinking this is actually a little high for my taste for the style as I think it takes away from the mouthfeel that Ive worked hard to establish based on my ingredients and processes. What Ive noticed is that on kegging day, I typically have about 1-1.5quart of leftovers after the keg is full and feed these leftovers to a 2L soda bottle that I then force carbonate for "testing and quality control". I add 30psi to the 2L bottle - shake it a few times, when bottle is soft I add more CO2 at 30psi - repeat once more. After about 2hrs, the force carbed sample is ready. At this time, my NEIPAs always have the BEST mouthfeel along with a nice flavor and shaving cream foam. But what Ive noticed is that after kegging for about a week or so when the beer is fully carbed, the kegged beer's body/mouthfeel isn't as full like it was on keg day from the force carbed sample. Im pretty meticulous about oxygen and do closed transfers so I don't think this is an oxidation issue at all. I think this is a carbonation issue. I have no clue what my 2L bottle force carbed sample actually ends up being given my process but Im guessing its well below 2.4vols and this is where I get the best/fullest mouthfeel. Anyone else experience this? Im thinking of lowering my keg carving to ~2.2vols or lower to see if I can achieve the great mouthfeel I get on keg day. What is everyone here carbonating to with their NEIPAs? inquiring minds want to know.

Let's play everyone's favorite game: Help me empty my freezer! What combo would you do with these:
Citra (lots)
Sabro
Strata
Simcoe
Galaxy
Riwaka
Southern Passion
Southern Star
CTZ
Cascade
Idaho 7 - 2 oz or so that I'll use on hot side.

Plan on going with Conan for the first time after lots of LA3 and Chico use.

Thanks all!

Let's play everyone's favorite game: Help me empty my freezer! What combo would you do with these:
Citra (lots)
Sabro
Strata
Simcoe
Galaxy
Riwaka
Southern Passion
Southern Star
CTZ
Cascade

Thanks all!
I would use Sabro hotside and not dry hop, it has the tendency to trample over everything.

They are heavy oat grain bills, lower dryhop temperatures and even dryhop at lower rates then most of the big guys

Yeast they are hush hush, I’ve come to know them well and steve is the only one who pitches yeast, some of the brewers don’t even know what strain they are running lol

You’ve mentioned before about the oat heavy grain bills, but what is considered heavy now? Other Half have Oat heavy grain bills but that I’m itself isn’t getting us the mouthfeel and flavour that Fidens is producing.

Citra (lots)
Sabro
Strata
Simcoe
Galaxy
Riwaka
Southern Passion
Southern Star
CTZ
Cascade

Thanks all!

I hope you get some good answers on this one, as I have most of those hops in my freezer excluding Southern Passion and Southern Star. :)

Citra (lots)
Sabro
Strata
Simcoe
Galaxy
Riwaka
Southern Passion
Southern Star
CTZ
Cascade

Thanks all!
I've done All Citra, Citra Simcoe, Citra Galaxy, Citra Strata. All came out great, but I liked the all Citra and Citra Galaxy the best. DH with Galaxy. I plan on trying a Citra Idaho 7, with I7 in the whirlpool. I've also used CTZ for bittering, but never for flavor or aroma. I know @Dgallo loves CTZ in the last 10 min or so. I'm also planning do get some Cascade in my neipas soon. Never used it!

Ok Ive been thinking about this for a while now but what are ya'll setting your NEIPAs at for carbonation volumes....
I'm British, so in general I'm used to beer with lower carbonation levels. I like my IPAs in the region of 1.8 to 2 volumes best. When I do this I get the best retention, mouthfeel and overall experience. I'm looking for beer that is luscious and drinkable, not fizzy, with enough carbonation to swirl for aromatics without negatively impacting mouthfeel and foam.

You’ve mentioned before about the oat heavy grain bills, but what is considered heavy now? Other Half have Oat heavy grain bills but that I’m itself isn’t getting us the mouthfeel and flavour that Fidens is producing.
I can’t say for certainty exactly how much but being told a heavy oat grain bill would mean easily 35-40% (maybe even higher). Mouthfeel is such an interplay of water Chem, fg, grainbill, dryhoping rates, and carb level. I should be getting some cans this weekend, if I do I’ll degas them and find out what their fg is.

In regards to other half. Fiden’s right now is pretty much what other half used to be like before any of their expansions. They have gone even further down hill over the past 1.5-2 years, which is unfortunate because they were my favorite

Last edited:
I can’t say for certainty exactly how much but being told a heavy oat grain bill would mean easily 35-40% (maybe even higher). Mouthfeel is such an interplay of water Chem, fg, grainbill, dryhoping rates, and carb level. I should be getting some cans this weekend, if I do I’ll degas them and find out what their fg is.

In regards to other half. Fiden’s right now is pretty much what other half used to be like before any of their expansions. They have gone even further down hill over the past 1.5-2 years, which is unfortunate because they were my favorite

We recently got a massive shipment of Other Half here in Australia and I was able to get my hands on half a dozen different beers but I honestly expected a bit more considering the hype. I had a can of Triple Citra Daydream a few months ago and that was unreal tho.

I'm British, so in general I'm used to beer with lower carbonation levels. I like my IPAs in the region of 1.8 to 2 volumes best. When I do this I get the best retention, mouthfeel and overall experience. I'm looking for beer that is luscious and drinkable, not fizzy, with enough carbonation to swirl for aromatics without negatively impacting mouthfeel and foam.
Appreciate the input! So Ive referenced the all to common carbonation chart Force Carbonation Chart - Kegerators.com and if I set it to 2volumes, at an average of my 39 degree keezer temps, the regulator would be at 6psi. Then referencing Mike Soltys hose length calculator Determining Proper hose length for your Kegerator since Im using 4mm EVA barrier tubing (0.1575" diameter), 10 second pour time, it comes out to only 2feet of hose! lol damn that's short but Im typically leaving a little longer than Soltys website states. Good thing I got some extra tubing on the way so I can experiment with this. Classic case of changing one variable then having to adjust other parameters downstream lol. Again, I Appreciate the input.

We recently got a massive shipment of Other Half here in Australia and I was able to get my hands on half a dozen different beers but I honestly expected a bit more considering the hype. I had a can of Triple Citra Daydream a few months ago and that was unreal tho.
Citra Daydream is fantastic. I recently just had Mylar Bags, which was great, and Dream Club, which may be my favorite neipa in the last 6 months. It was super fresh, no oxidation. Screaming aroma and flavor. Well crafted.

Appreciate the input! So Ive referenced the all to common carbonation chart Force Carbonation Chart - Kegerators.com and if I set it to 2volumes, at an average of my 39 degree keezer temps, the regulator would be at 6psi. Then referencing Mike Soltys hose length calculator Determining Proper hose length for your Kegerator since Im using 4mm EVA barrier tubing (0.1575" diameter), 10 second pour time, it comes out to only 2feet of hose! lol damn that's short but Im typically leaving a little longer than Soltys website states. Good thing I got some extra tubing on the way so I can experiment with this. Classic case of changing one variable then having to adjust other parameters downstream lol. Again, I Appreciate the input.
I've been experimenting with hose lengths the last while as I could never get it right. Recently got the 4mm Eva barrier tubing and its great stuff. I'm at a perfect pour now but my lengths are 2 meters, so about 6.5 feet. Always had to use flow control but just straight up hose now and its great.

It would be interesting to know if some of these breweries recirculate their dryhop addition for maximum extraction. That may lend to much to chance though in terms of oxidation. I have a feeling the Fg will be higher then expected.

It would be interesting to know if some of these breweries recirculate their dryhop addition for maximum extraction. That may lend to much to chance though in terms of oxidation. I have a feeling the Fg will be higher then expected.
I have a beer I made recently with 1 pack of cosmic punch and one pack of verdant…I used a pound of lactose and had staring gravity of 1.082 and a final gravity of 1.026… so if you factor the lactose giving 8 points you’re looking at 1.074 down to 1.018 for about 75% apparent attenuation…and it is absolutely delicious.
I’ve had a lot of beers with a lot of fgs and I have to say how surprised I am that I love this beer with a 1.026 fg. It’s really not too sweet at all.

I tried some of that shipment too and it is night and day in comparison to tasting it at the brewery. My best mate lives in Gowanus so every time (I used) to go to the States with work I would shoot up to Brooklyn for the weekend and get on the beers at Other Half. This last shipment had that cardboardy sweetness thing you get from older beers. I've tried a few of the Verdant & Equilibrium beers that we got and they were much the same I thought. Freshness really is key because the local MrBanks & Bojack stuff would top those beers we got in my opinion.

I tried some of that shipment too and it is night and day in comparison to tasting it at the brewery. My best mate lives in Gowanus so every time (I used) to go to the States with work I would shoot up to Brooklyn for the weekend and get on the beers at Other Half. This last shipment had that cardboardy sweetness thing you get from older beers. I've tried a few of the Verdant & Equilibrium beers that we got and they were much the same I thought. Freshness really is key because the local MrBanks & Bojack stuff would top those beers we got in my opinion.

Ive had some unreal Cloudwater beers though. Ive got a 4pack of Range & Banks Participation Award in the fridge and it’s honestly one of the best beers I’ve ever had. Deffo getting some great stuff brewed in Aus.

Thing I noticed with Other Half beers is it really depends which brewery they come from. The Brooklyn ones I've managed to pick up have mostly been solid especially the More Nelson Than All Nelson I got recently. The beers I've gotten from the Washington and Rochester brewery's have had issues and not a patch on the Brooklyn ones.

Man. I brewed last night and I was well into the brew day before I realized I wouldn't have enough pils or 2-row for my base. The absolute best I could do with what I had on hand was use about 30% Munich 1. Lol. Couldn't help but laugh at myself.

It should end up at about 6 SRM. It's 100% Citra with Conan.

Thoughts as to how this will present? I'm cautiously optimistic that it will still be tasty.

Man. I brewed last night and I was well into the brew day before I realized I wouldn't have enough pils or 2-row for my base. The absolute best I could do with what I had on hand was use about 30% Munich 1. Lol. Couldn't help but laugh at myself.

It should end up at about 6 SRM. It's 100% Citra with Conan.

Thoughts as to how this will present? I'm cautiously optimistic that it will still be tasty.
Might not be too bad. Who knows, you may unlock a "secret" to another fantastic IPA.

100% agree with this. For awhile OH was putting out some amazing beer. It’s been awhile since I’ve had anything great from them. I personally think what OH use to put out is quite a bit better than Fidens, but similar in terms of style. It’s interesting that so many people love Fidens - nobody in my drinking circle is overly impressed, and they’re mostly OH fanatics. Everyone’s different I suppose.

100% agree with this. For awhile OH was putting out some amazing beer. It’s been awhile since I’ve had anything great from them. I personally think what OH use to put out is quite a bit better than Fidens, but similar in terms of style. It’s interesting that so many people love Fidens - nobody in my drinking circle is overly impressed, and they’re mostly OH fanatics. Everyone’s different I suppose.
Definitely a hype thing. Quality of beer plays a huge part, but label design, beer names and being illusive (selling out usually same day and available only Saturdays) has people going nuts. I'm from the midwest but have had the opportunity to have many fidens and actually did my honeymoon to the east coast years ago and was introduced to OH when they were really throwing out some amazing IPAs. It was out of this world at the time. We get it in the midwest once and a while and now, I'm underwhelmed. Its no where near what I remember. It's too bad. I think us as homebrewers post on these forums because we want to make that caliber of beer. That once was, and may not be again. I for one have made some great beers but none that I would say are anywhere near these great breweries. Leaves me wondering if there is something they know that many don't. 🤔

I’m still team “other half is great”.

I’ve noticed a lot of growing pains with the newer breweries and I could see how starting those up may have detracted from the “better” more experienced brewers being taken away from Brooklyn has caused ebbs and flows in quality. Gordon Ramsay can give me a recipe but it won’t be the same, kind of deal.
That said I’ve been happy with most of the beers I’ve been able to get delivered recently. Not that there haven’t been misses too, frankly I think their triples (looking at your triple cream) were amazing and now they are mostly overly boozy and sweet.

I guess I wasn’t super impressed with most of the mosaic week beers but it happens.

it used to be that if it didn’t have a black pop top (Brooklyn) I wouldn’t buy it but in this last set I ordered a couple weeks ago I’ve really enjoyed tomato factory and cracked (both DC) and 8 acres (flx)

i also can’t pass up an all Citra everything ever, too good.

I’m still team “other half is great”.

I’ve noticed a lot of growing pains with the newer breweries and I could see how starting those up may have detracted from the “better” more experienced brewers being taken away from Brooklyn has caused ebbs and flows in quality. Gordon Ramsay can give me a recipe but it won’t be the same, kind of deal.
That said I’ve been happy with most of the beers I’ve been able to get delivered recently. Not that there haven’t been misses too, frankly I think their triples (looking at your triple cream) were amazing and now they are mostly overly boozy and sweet.

I guess I wasn’t super impressed with most of the mosaic week beers but it happens.

it used to be that if it didn’t have a black pop top (Brooklyn) I wouldn’t buy it but in this last set I ordered a couple weeks ago I’ve really enjoyed tomato factory and cracked (both DC) and 8 acres (flx)

i also can’t pass up an all Citra everything ever, too good.
I couldn't agree more with this. I never had "old school" OH when they got started but have had several in the past 2yrs all from the Brooklyn location. The Daydreamiest triple I had high hopes for with all the hoopla over the daydream series. It was good but the booziness detracted from the experience and was more sweet to my liking. But I absolutely loved the Level 3: Broccoli Kong vs Green City All stars triple. Not sure if you were referring to the dank squares: mosaic beers but I had one from "lot 1" and it was just "fine". good beer but was expecting better coming from the other half. On the other hand, I really liked their "session" IPA ie DDH Toomey's Corners. Very crushable and great hop profile.

From my limited experience with Fiden's though, I feel as though their beers give a better total overall experience. Ive come to acknowledge my appreciation/love/obsession for what foam brings to the table in terms of aromatics and mouthfeel and Fiden's fits those check boxes for me compared to most other breweries. In all, its a great brewery atm that seems to nail all aspects of the beer that I care about most: mouthfeel, aromatics, flavor, etc. Kinda glad I don't live up there as I would prob spend waaaay too much money buying beer and too much time invested in purchasing them lol.

Haven’t had fidens yet. I recall dgallo mentioning when they opened and seen them mentioned here but other than that nada. Used to drive all over but 3 kids keep me a little more grounded. The delivery has been wonderful ha.

they did a mosaic week and shipped a curated box of a 12 “special” mosaic beers. They’ve one HDHC week and Citra week too. All three breweries mostly do beers featuring the hop and also some collabs. One of the 12 was actually a dessert sour which might be the best beer in the box haha. No mosaic, and I don’t even like dessert sours. I hate what I’m about to say even, it was straight pineapple juice…..

I didn’t have the dank squares (or the others you mentioned @Noob_Brewer) but they did a similar thing that week, mosaic dream haas and mosaic dream YVH. The first time we cracked cans it was a perceptible difference which was neat but The beers themselves weren’t top notch. Sounds similar to the dank squares

I have a beer I made recently with 1 pack of cosmic punch and one pack of verdant…I used a pound of lactose and had staring gravity of 1.082 and a final gravity of 1.026… so if you factor the lactose giving 8 points you’re looking at 1.074 down to 1.018 for about 75% apparent attenuation…and it is absolutely delicious.
I’ve had a lot of beers with a lot of fgs and I have to say how surprised I am that I love this beer with a 1.026 fg. It’s really not too sweet at all.

Pics or it didn't happen! :p
Seriously though, 1.018 is a great place to be. It's usually my target with the double IPAs. I want to say that Cosmic Punch attenuates much better than its LAIII counterpart, which is fantastic.

Pics or it didn't happen! :p
Seriously though, 1.018 is a great place to be. It's usually my target with the double IPAs. I want to say that Cosmic Punch attenuates much better than its LAIII counterpart, which is fantastic.
33E35551-14D6-4439-90EA-DE600227763E.jpeg
Much more orangey in color than the usual super light pale straw color i shoot for. I used 8 oz of honey malt along with the aforementioned pound of lactose, and while it is sweeter than usual, it’s not tooo sweet for me.

12 pounds 2-row
2 pounds white wheat
2 pounds carafoam
8 ounces honey malt

I threw 4 ounces of Idaho seven into the mash, and then added half an ounce of galaxy and a quarter ounce of citra cryo, At 20, 15, 10, and five. At that point I cooled it right down and added no whirlpool hops at all.

I pitched one pack of cosmic punch with no starter, and an entire pack of verdant at the same time. Fermented it at 68 for the first two days and then bumped it up to 70 for the final three or four until it was done. Let it sit a few more days at room temp for d rest, And then soft crashed to 60 for 24 hours.

I let it come back up to room temp which is about 70, and then dry hopped with 6 ounces of galaxy. I let it sit for about five days at that temp and then crashed and kegged it. It was interesting because I was certain there was going to be significant hop creep leaving it at that temp for that long, and while there was a good amount of CO2 visibly escaping, the gravity never changed. It was at 1.026 when I put the dry hop in, and it was at 1.026 after the five days when I transferred it to the keg.

I’ll say that the warmer dry hop is pretty nice. I’ve been doing a lot of the cooler dry hops and while they are nice as well, I do like this as it’s a bit more pungent and dank. Using the floating dip tube in the keg And that definitely seems to help the beer be softer faster.

Last edited:
View attachment 744217Much more orangey in color than the usual super light pale straw color i shoot for. I used 8 oz of honey malt along with the aforementioned pound of lactose, and while it is sweeter than usual, it’s not tooo sweet for me.

12 pounds 2-row
2 pounds white wheat
2 pounds carafoam
8 ounces honey malt

I threw 4 ounces of Idaho seven into the mash, and then added half an ounce of galaxy and a quarter ounce of citra cryo, At 20, 15, 10, and five. At that point I cooled it right down and added no whirlpool hops at all.

I pitched one pack of cosmic punch with no starter, and an entire pack of verdant at the same time. Fermented it at 68 for the first two days and then bumped it up to 70 for the final three or four until it was done. Let it sit a few more days at room temp for d rest, And then soft crashed to 60 for 24 hours.

I let it come back up to room temp which is about 70, and then dry hopped with 6 ounces of galaxy. I let it sit for about five days at that temp and then crashed and kegged it. It was interesting because I was certain there was going to be significant hop creep leaving it at that temp for that long, and while there was a good amount of CO2 visibly escaping, the gravity never changed. It was at 1.026 when I put the dry hop in, and it was at 1.026 after the five days when I transferred it to the keg.

I’ll say that the warmer dry hop is pretty nice. I’ve been doing a lot of the cooler dry hops and while they are nice as well, I do like this as it’s a bit more pungent and dank. Using the floating dip tube in the keg And that definitely seems to help the beer be softer faster.
Ive only gone with up to 5% Carafoam and love what it brings, yours is 12% wow. beer looks great though.

Ive only gone with up to 5% Carafoam and love what it brings, yours is 12% wow. beer looks great though.
It’s listed as being able to be used up to 40%. While similar to carapils it’s not actually the same. I wouldn’t want to use more than 3-5% carapils. I’ve done 20% carafoam and it was great. This is an old Tonsmere (janish’s partner at sapwood) post where he uses 20% carafom and loved it:

https://www.themadfermentationist.com/2017/07/cryo-lupulin-neipa-citra-mosaic.html?m=1

Back