North NJ/NY groupbuy #4 July/August

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't seem like we can find a place with a dock, so let's pay the extra $75 and split it between everyone. Get 10 people and it's only $7.50 each.

easiest way to do it would probably be an extra $1.80 per sack if it comes to it. a local brewery might be a good idea to ask, and see if they would be interested in sacks also. cricket hill in fairfield, gaslight in south orange, JJ where the whales meet, the one in sparta, flying fish in cherry hill

Haha, JJ's won't even do it for their resident homebrewing club. You'd probably have better luck going to any business with a loading dock and throwing the shipping manager 20 bucks. Gaslight would be sketchy also since they sell homebrew supplies and may view it as competition.

If this is still going to go through ill be in for 1 bag Canadian 2-Row (CM-2ROW). And maybe one more ill heave to see what though. Has there been a decision on a date or even a pick up site yet. I wish I could help but I'm new to the area and and don't really have any connections. I hope it goes though Im in need of grain.

How many are in right now if I can get delivery to my company's loading dock at Cedar Knolls, NJ (Rt 10 and 287)? Are there enough folks able to be secondary pickup points (mules) so we can haul the grain out of our dock within a day?

How many are in right now if I can get delivery to my company's loading dock at Cedar Knolls, NJ (Rt 10 and 287)? Are there enough folks able to be secondary pickup points (mules) so we can haul the grain out of our dock within a day?

Im in, I only have a hatchback but I can take a load to a pick up point if needed. just let me know.

Just noticed this thread....a buddy and I are going in on the South Jersey/Philly group buy thats going on in Pennsauken, NJ. We're both originally from that area so if there's someone in here that wants to jump on a bag in that group buy let me know...you could just pick it up from him (hoboken) or me (astoria, ny). He has a small Ford Focus though so we can probably only add 2 more bags...let me know!

when is that group buy? i may get in on it if its not too late. My buddy also has his own business in Southampton, Pa (Northeast Philly 'burb) and he has his 3 loading docks. I could use it anytime I wanted for future orders. Either way, I work in jersey and drive a company car, so I'll go to either place and get my 2 sacks

I'll jump in too for at least 2 bags and be a mule I guess. I live in Succasunna so probably only 15 minutes from Cedar Knolls

I'm still in for 4 bags. I'm in Roxbury and could bring back 6 additional bags without going over the load limit on my mini :rockin:

so im guessing since we haven't heard anything back, this group buy fell through. Is there anyone else that might have some connections with a loading dock that we might be able get this delivered to. Im just trying to get the word out and see if we might be able to make this happen still.

If you guys still need a loading dock, call NCM and ask them what trucking companies they use to deliver to your area. Then see which on is closest to you and see if they have dock pick up. That's what we do down here in South Jersey... they just bring the pallet out and we unload it... NEMF is who i use.

I want to again thank Lordura for these bulk buys!! This has been the best thing ever for all of us.

not sure if this is still happening but i would be interesed in splitting a sack of munich, vienna, and/or pils

Does anyone want to get in on the buy listed in the post above? The drop-location is in far South Jersey. I'd be willing to mule to the Woodbridge/Staten Island area if anyone is willing to share the costs.

Hi Guys...long time lurker here. I'm planning on getting in on the South Jersey group buy. I work in the next town over from the pickup site and live in the central NJ (Princeton area). If anyone wants to get in on the South Jersey group buy, I'd be willing to mule it up to my home for free.

Princeton area would be a shorter ride for me so I might be interested I would probably be in for 2 bags of 2-row and 2 bags of MO. Lets see if we can work something out. I'm near flanders NJ so either way its at least a hour drive

So it turns out this isn't going to work out at my location. Sorry guys. I was told it was a bad idea by the boss. Hope it works out with another location.

OK... I may have worked something out which would be permanently available. One of the members of my brew club (who doesn't brew) is a welder (HUGE assest to the club) and has his own shop. I'm going to finalize some things with him at our meeting this sunday, but it looks like his shop has everything we need. He's the owner, so no boss to worry about. In this shop is the Brewing as Art project you may have heard about on Basic Brewing Radio. He's the builder.

If everything works out, he'll host as long as everyone brings some samples for him. I think that's a fair trade. ;)

Im still up for picking up in staten island. I can also bring 10 bags back to morris plains at my place for anyone that cant make it all the way out there. so hopefully we can get enough interest in this buy still

I am also willing to split any specialty grains with anyone that wants to. im interested in munich and some light to med crystal.

and also for whoever is running the group buy, on day of if i can work it around school i can help with all the logistics of everything Im sure you might need some help. Just let me know.

and finally I mentioned earlier in the posts that I wanted 1 bag of 2 row and then maybe one other
Ill finalize my order to:1 CM-SPIL Superior Pilsen and 1 CM-2ROW Canadian 2-Row. plus any specialty that is wanting to be split

UPDATE: Looking good for next month. I should have the final okay within a day or two and then I will call the company to set up our password. I'll start a new thread at that point.

Hey Airborne -- just a note to let you know that I'm sure I'd be interested in some grain. I'll check back in to see if you get the final ok for the spot in SI.

Still waiting for the OK, but I didn't forget it. He's hard to get in touch with sometimes because the business is very busy. He just wanted to hear more details last time we spoke but was all for it.

Hey Airborneguy -- I just wanted to check in regarding the status of the group buy. I'm interested in a bunch of bags, but will need them before long. Did you get a confirmation from the guy in SI?

Thanks!

I did... he agreed to do it, but now I am too close to my wife's due date to start one up. We are looking to do it in Nov. Sorry for the delay. I've been using the South Jersey one in the meantime.

Latest posts

Back