North NJ/NY groupbuy #4 July/August

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickledherring

Reaction score
THIS IS THE NORTH NJ - NY GROUP BUY #4 JULY - AUGUST BULK GRAIN PALLET PURCHASE
OK the next group buy is accepting orders!! What are you looking for?
:mug:

We will be purchasing a pallet from The Country Malt Group

http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/pricing/index.asp
password is: greatmalt

If we get the full pallet(42sacks), delivery/shipping/fees usually works out to $3-4 per sack. Brands/Prices are listed on the website.

I know this is a weird first question, but can we decide on the location of the pickup FIRST? I am interested in probably 2 bags, but won't do it until I need more if it's at Defiant again. Not worth only getting two bags then spending about $25 in tolls and gas to go get it.

I am aiming for NJ, my advice is to hook up with some New Yorkers, get a mule to truck it back and spread out the 25$ amongst the many.... I was the NJ mule in buy #2 and I was kindly rewarded with some fine homebrew for my trouble!

Hey guys...I'll definitely be down for this buy. Perfect Timing!! I'll probably grab 4-6 sacks and I'll let you know what I need soon.

If anyone is in Western NJ, I can probably grab an additional 5 sacks to bring back west. I am in Roxbury. If I get a pick up truck soon like I'm planning, then I can bring a whole lot more.

Thanks!!

Me and cutter22 may be interested in a couple bags... we'll have to talk it over and will post an update here soon.

I'm glad to see the frequency of these buys picking up. It's good to know so many brewers in the area are getting good deals on grain.

Indications of interest have us nearly half-full already... I will put together a spreadsheet hopefully first week of June..

I'm in Cali for a while. Heading to Russian River Brewing Co... Any other beers or breweries reccomended?

Indications of interest have us nearly half-full already... I will put together a spreadsheet hopefully first week of June..

I'm in Cali for a while. Heading to lost abbey, maybe new belium... Any other beers or breweries reccomended?

Have fun, man! New Belgium is in Colorado, but you have plenty of other choices out there. What part of the state are you visiting? How long will you be there? My buddy Jon had a good time visiting Russian River. He got a tasting flight and said it was something like 20 different beers.

yea, i was just talking it over with my boys out here. they said russian river is the place to go... it is going to be to far a drive for lost abbey this time, but when back in san fran there are some pubs that serve lost abbey.... i'm just outside Sacramento right now, heading to santa rosa for a party today... Russian river tomorow!! he freakin haw.

I would like:
2 CM-2ROW Canadian 2-Row (canada malting co)
1 CM-PALE Pale Ale Malt (canada malting co)
1 Maris Otter (thomas fawcett)
1 Caramel Malt I (best malz) I would split this in half if someone wanted to.

many thanks,
Stephen

If any oneGets the opportunity to go to Russian river brewer dot nopaSs it up!! I put it up there with dogfish head .. But I would not recccomend consecration on a hangover... My sisters minivan will never be the same...

I might be in for 1 or 2 but probably wont be getting in on this one. any guess on location yet?

I would be interested in a pound of Hallertauer Mittelfruh hops and splitting a bag of rice hulls with someone.

I would be interested in a pound of Hallertauer Mittelfruh hops and splitting a bag of rice hulls with someone.

Hey frogman, FYI the prices shown for hops are only valid on bulk orders. I almost ordered some before based on prices in the vicinity of $10/lb, but the actual per pound prices on small orders are more like $24/lb. Maybe you already know that, but just in case....

Hey frogman, FYI the prices shown for hops are only valid on bulk orders. I almost ordered some before based on prices in the vicinity of $10/lb, but the actual per pound prices on small orders are more like $24/lb. Maybe you already know that, but just in case....

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that. Hmmm I might have to rethink the hops then.

I'm definitely interested in at least 1 bag, maybe 2. Keep us updated on dates/locations. Bulk buys rule!

I would like one, maybe two bags of Briess Light DME if that is not against the rules considering that this is an all grain forum

Who's running this one? It's been awhile and still no word on where the drop-off will be. Seems a lot of interested parties (myself included), are going to decide based on the location.

I'm tempted to step in here because I need some malt myself but I'm pushing my luck using the loading dock at work. It's not like I work in the shipping department and they've really stepped up security. I'm in for a couple sacks if someone takes delivery.

Just noticed this thread....a buddy and I are going in on the South Jersey/Philly group buy thats going on in Pennsauken, NJ. We're both originally from that area so if there's someone in here that wants to jump on a bag in that group buy let me know...you could just pick it up from him (hoboken) or me (astoria, ny). He has a small Ford Focus though so we can probably only add 2 more bags...let me know!

I have an available commercial address, I just have to call to see if a dock is required. I'll arrange it if there's enough interest.

I want to make an apology to all involved .. I was originally running this group buy. My life fell apart recently, wife left me.... I will be happy to run another in the future.. But right now I'm just picking up the pieces.. I like being part of this community, and hope I did not compromise anybody's plans. Airbourneguy.. Feel free to run this one if you can, actually I owe you one if you could. I personally could use 4 sacks as well... My beer intake has increased greatly, as can be expected .. Let me know and thank you in advance....

No problem pickledherring, and good luck. I went through it a few years ago...

Bobby, my address won't be good then, but I'm going to see if I can find one that will do it for us. I work in an area with a lot of loading docks. I'll see if anyone will oblige.

Has anybody found a delivery place yet? I'm still down for 4 sacks, just have to decide which 4 =).

Doesn't seem like we can find a place with a dock, so let's pay the extra $75 and split it between everyone. Get 10 people and it's only $7.50 each.

Back