north nj/ny groupbuy #3 April/May

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in the group buy so I'm only posting an opinion from an outsider who has organized group buys before. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I wonder how much longer NCM is going to let a one-pallet order come in with 20 different people calling in payments but it seems like a total pain. Again, F-me, I don't have anything to do with this buy and I should take my opinions elsewhere.

I'm not in the group buy so I'm only posting an opinion from an outsider who has organized group buys before. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I wonder how much longer NCM is going to let a one-pallet order come in with 20 different people calling in payments but it seems like a total pain. Again, F-me, I don't have anything to do with this buy and I should take my opinions elsewhere.

glad your thinking straight now. but no, one person should collect payments via paypal from the other 12 people than that one person call it in to pay

I wonder how much longer NCM is going to let a one-pallet order come in with 20 different people calling in payments but it seems like a total pain.

None of the group buys I've been involved in have functioned in this manner. I think the way to do it is for one trusted person to finalize the order, get a quote from NCM, post totals, collect Paypal payments from each brewer, and submit one final payment to NCM. We don't want to irritate them and risk losing the group buy opportunity.

Have we settled on a place of delivery/pick up yet?

Bkov, if you are willing to get the order as far as finalized and submitted and email me the invoice, I can take over from there and handle collecting and forwarding the payment.

I may have jury duty starting next week, but I doubt that will get in the way.

sure no problem, is everyone good with the brands listed for there order?

None of the group buys I've been involved in have functioned in this manner. I think the way to do it is for one trusted person to finalize the order, get a quote from NCM, post totals, collect Paypal payments from each brewer, and submit one final payment to NCM. We don't want to irritate them and risk losing the group buy opportunity.

The last one from NNJ was like that from what I remember, about 6 months ago.

The last one from NNJ was like that from what I remember, about 6 months ago.

i might be wrong but theres been 2 in NNJ before this one.

the first one(you and the whales were part of) that we ended up splitting into a pallet to North jersey and another pallet to your place in south jersey. The north jersey pallet everyone payed via paypal to one member in the group who than paid NCM(i think it was rommelmagic)

the 2nd one that happened a few months ago to joshs place that i wasnt part of, i believe everyone paid josh via paypal...who than paid NCM.

Since Josh is looking to get some more bags on the pallet, I think it would be a good idea for everyone to confirm their order before its placed so it only has to be done once.

After everyone is confirmed we'll get the invoice and know the exact amounts everyone will owe including shipping, I'll give my paypal address and I'll keep the spread sheet updated as the payments come in. Once everyone has payed we can schedule the delivery.

Are we definitely doing delivery to Defiant? I know shipping is cheaper to sites in NJ (Anchor Rent All on Rte.17) than NY (Defiant). Would anyone have to back out if it was one place over the other?

Right now the spread sheet is set up to show who has confirmed, after everyone is confirmed I'll switch it over to show who has payed.

groupbuyexcel-1.jpg

Mine is good as well. Thanks to bkov for the organization and jomarky for collecting the payments. I think I speak for everyone when I say it is very much appreciated.

Edison to Pearl River is a hike, but I guess not much more than from Brooklyn, especially with the city traffic. Godspeed!
nah, it's closer than west nyack and we go there sometimes. Have Bug will travel i always say.

Actually i never say that and this is the only time i ever have.

My order looks good, unless of course someone else drops out, in which case up to four more bags would be grrrrreat.

And not to be the broken record, but but big thanks to bkov and jomarky for managing the tedium on this one. I know from experience that it can be a time drain.

Sorry, I was away for a few days. Yup, mine looks good too. Just let me know when the order will be placed. If we use Defiant, delivery needs to be a weekday after 2pm. I suggested Defiant since it's at least a place to chill for a few and have a couple. And don't forget to bring (if you have) a few homebrews for Neill, the owner.

EDIT: The pallet fee is incorporated in the price, yes?

no, i dont believe the currently spreadsheets have the pallet fee or fuel charge included yet so everyone can expect a few dollars more per sack on there order $ total. Once all the orders are confirmed and the location is decided, either me or jomarkey can find out the exact $ amount(s).

Sorry, I was away for a few days. Yup, mine looks good too. Just let me know when the order will be placed. If we use Defiant, delivery needs to be a weekday after 2pm. I suggested Defiant since it's at least a place to chill for a few and have a couple. And don't forget to bring (if you have) a few homebrews for Neill, the owner.

EDIT: The pallet fee is incorporated in the price, yes?
booooooo weekdays!

Defiant Brewing Co.
6E Dexter Plaza
Pearl River, NY

The place is located adjacent to the Pearl River train station. The parking lot for the brewery is on the west side of the tracks.

Rommel I may have to take you up on the offer to pick mine up . I can't get away during a weekday and I am in the office till 6pm . The only bad weekend for me to pick up the grain the 15th I have to attend a wedding in VA .

Rommel I may have to take you up on the offer to pick mine up . I can't get away during a weekday and I am in the office till 6pm . The only bad weekend for me to pick up the grain the 15th I have to attend a wedding in VA .

Not a problem. Depending upon my work schedule and locations, I might even be able to meet you at your work or drop off at your house if you want.

Defiant is open until at least 10 pm if you had wanted to check the place out. I don't recall if you said you've been there. And our club has meetings (usually) the first and third Wednesdays of the month in case you'd like to attend and pick up at he same time.

Jomarky & bkov - hopefully you got my PM yesterday. I think we're all set to go, so I'll keep an eye out for the total amount due after you get the quote from NCM. Just a warning, on the buys I've been involved in, they tend to get some of the pricing wrong on the quote (charging the 1000lb rate on some grains, etc).

On a mildly related note, I'm in Chicago today and planning to hit up Three Floyds and Flossmoor Station. Psyched!

Got the invoice and the order is correct. Prices in general are a few cents more per sack than what is listed in the catalogue. Shipping and fuel charge works out to $2.37/sack. I'll update the spread sheet when I get home tonight and give payment details. Right now the order is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, May 5th.

JoMarky,

Did they say anything about the delivery being after 2pm?

IIRC, they'll send an email or give you a tracking # for the truck. Using that # you can go onto the shippers (possibly A Duey Pyle?) website to see what deliveries have been made. If possible, could you post the shipping #?

Not a problem. Depending upon my work schedule and locations, I might even be able to meet you at your work or drop off at your house if you want.

Defiant is open until at least 10 pm if you had wanted to check the place out. I don't recall if you said you've been there. And our club has meetings (usually) the first and third Wednesdays of the month in case you'd like to attend and pick up at he same time.

Weekdays super hard for me I can pick them up at your place on the 8th . Wonder if I can put 3 1/3 sacks on the Harley..:D I like riding on Rt 218

Weekdays super hard for me I can pick them up at your place on the 8th . Wonder if I can put 3 1/3 sacks on the Harley..:D I like riding on Rt 218

If you can figure out a way to strap them on like a backpack, it could kinda be like a second rider. On the flip side, I'm sure the sack would lose in a sack vs asphalt match. I don't ride so I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

Back