north nj/ny groupbuy #3 April/May

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fineexampl I'm gonna shoot up sometime Friday afternoon to pick up my grain. Sorry didn't get back to you sooner, been working nights. I sent you a pm about the wheat.
that''ll work then. if the whole bag of wheat is still there, just grab it and we can split that up at any time. i'm 99% sure it will be there.

ps: be sure to empty your PMs often. i can't respond to you because your box is full.

fineexampl, I didn't get your message. Did you get mine?

I'm either using my wife's truck or getting a rental today. I should be able to still pick up your bags for sure, but I might have a small rental so that might be the extent of what I can carry.
awesome man. if you grab the bag we can stick to that original plan and i'll definitely be free tomorrow to meet up with you. I think i PMed my phone number, if not, lmk and i'll get that to you.

thanks everyone!

I got my 2 bags too. It's a nice little place just have to watch out for old *****ebags in blue convertibles trying to stir up trouble when they have no idea whats going on

I got mine and Springers. And ditto on bringing the homebrew. If Neill is not there, just tell whoever is that it is for him.

Thanks JoMarky for getting the order through

I'd love to hear that story :drunk:

Here's the quick version since I don't want clutter this thread up to much with random BS. It was basically someone who had nothing to do with anything running his mouth like he owned the place. He even claimed to be Rommelmagic for a little bit. Then he told me to take the whole pallet, I told him I don't want the pallet I just want the 2 bags I paid for. So like the true hardass he was he slithered away and didn't say a word after that. I'm not sure if he was part of the homebrew group that was tasting year old steel reserve out of a can or just a regular with a big mouth. Thanks again for getting this together. My only complaint is that picking it up is a little odd being as everyone has to be on the honor system cause the grain was just hanging out other than that :rockin:

Like I said I don't think this guy had anything to do with anything besides being there and knowing Neil. He asked me what I was doing and I said looking for some Marris Otter and he replied with he doesn't use that here. Great thanks for the heads up but this is for a HBT groupbuy not the brewery or the club that was meeting there. I think you'll be OK it's probably better to wait so you don't have to take apart the whole pallet and put it back together

He asked me what I was doing and I said looking for some Marris Otter and he replied with he doesn't use that here.

Funny. As I was searching for my bag of MO, Neil helped me find it and mentioned that he gets through loads of the stuff.

Like I said I don't think this guy had anything to do with anything besides being there and knowing Neil. He asked me what I was doing and I said looking for some Marris Otter and he replied with he doesn't use that here. Great thanks for the heads up but this is for a HBT groupbuy not the brewery or the club that was meeting there. I think you'll be OK it's probably better to wait so you don't have to take apart the whole pallet and put it back together

Ken (?), what did he look like?

Met up with Airborneguy and i have my Golden Promise. Waiting on Frogman to get his bags and the wheat and once that's settled i'll be as happy as clam.

Homebrewers, so far, seem to be pretty damn nice folks.

Since i can't brew this weekend, i'm pleasing myself (make your own jokes) staring at my big ol' bag of possibilities (that's what she said).

Like fineexampl said, we just met up for the exchange and I can't wait to taste his beer! I brought two brews for Neil to give me opinions on: a smoked barleywine which he loved, and my barrel aged old ale (same one I gave you John), which he smiled after his first sip and said that's what a barrel aged beer should taste like!

Overall, great experience. I was a little freaked out when I saw the pallet sitting outside, but I got what I paid for, so all worked out well.

We picked our bags up today and all went fine. For those of you who haven't yet picked up, you should know that the pallet is sitting outside, because Defiant doesn't have room for it indoors. They were expecting a decent crowd tonight at the bar, and expressed concern about the possibility of rain; not to scare anyone, but the sooner you can pick it up, the better.

It was great to visit Defiant. We brought Neill some homebrew and chatted for a while -- great guy. We tried their Belgian Spring Ale, which was enjoyable, and a couple sessionable lagers. He was very generous and even opened up a 750ml of Cru for us from the back cooler, which was my favorite. 'Twas a good afternoon.

Thanks again everyone!

Ken (?), what did he look like?

Old guy hat >6 ft tall shaved head hung out at the far end of the bar kinda where you were weighing your stuff out. The guy was just an asshat and I guess I wasn't in the mood.

Old guy hat >6 ft tall shaved head hung out at the far end of the bar kinda where you were weighing your stuff out. The guy was just an asshat and I guess I wasn't in the mood.

I think I know who you're talking about. He was a customer and yeah, can be a bit obnoxious.

Ot, but has anyone tried Defiant's Triple? I brought a 750ml home with me and its noticeably sour. I've never had a sour triple before. Also, I noticed some ropiness in the bottle, definitely an infection. Just wondering if he intended this. It's actually ok as long as you like sour beers (I do), but I'm thinking it wasn't intended in this beer.

Very weak also. I'm finishing the bottle now and don't even have the slightest buzz.

Ot, but has anyone tried Defiant's Triple? I brought a 750ml home with me and its noticeably sour. I've never had a sour triple before. Also, I noticed some ropiness in the bottle, definitely an infection. Just wondering if he intended this. It's actually ok as long as you like sour beers (I do), but I'm thinking it wasn't intended in this beer.

Very weak also. I'm finishing the bottle now and don't even have the slightest buzz.

Sounds like you got a bad bottle. It's actually one of his better beers IMO.

I bought a bottle too and was confused when I tried it - smelled and tasted like a saison. Might just be my zonked palate though :drunk:

Back