Noob questions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bedub

Reaction score
I just received a whole home brewing kit and I have brewed 4 beers. I have only brewed the kits ( the ones In which your steep grains) but I am thinking on venturing out to a whole grain any ideas on what I should do next?

How big is your boil pot? You'll need to be able to do full boils if you wanna go all grain.

You'll need a few extra pieces of equipment as well, but I would not discourage you one bit from making the jump to all grain.

Do a bit of reading around here and you should find all you need to.

Get the equipment to do it. Obviously, with all grain brewing, you cannot do partial boils. You need a kettle big enough to do full boils and then you need a turkey fryer to do the boils as MOST stoves cannot produce enough heat to boil more then 4 or 5 gallons. Secondly, get together with someone and PAY attention. Take notes, and ask questions. Lastly, do some research. Read some books. How to Brew by John Palmer and The Complete Joys of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazon are GREAT books with a TON of knowledge. That's my advice for you.

Back