NOOB Question: Rotate Half Full Kegs???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwschupp

Reaction score
Is it OK to rotate kegs that are fully carbed and under pressure with new batches for some variety? I have a two-tap kegerator and the kegs on now are about 1/2 and 2/3 full...meanwhile I have 4 other brews in various stages.

Can I take these 2 off and rotate on 2 full kegs to force carb and frankly to drink something new for a few weeks?

If so, can I store the half full kegs at room temp in my basement (~60F) until ready to put them back on? Will they need to be carbed again?

It would be great to be able to rotate my 6 kegs to always have some different brews on tap...as much I have enjoyed the Kolsch and ESB I have on tap now, I'm anxious to try Yooper's Dead Guy Clone that's ready to keg this week.

Cheers!

Yes, you can disconnect the gas and store the kegs in your basement. They will not loose carbonation. Just remember to chill them again before hooking up the gas. If you don't have check valves on you gas lines, beer can shoot up your lines into your regulator if you don't chill first.

Latest posts

Back