noob question.... It's bad...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaMead

Reaction score
I've been brewing about four years bottles for a couple 2 batches said forget this mess and states kegging... Now I was forced to take a year from brewing so all my equipment has been sittng... I'm transitioning to a 3 vessel system... Ok now the meat n tatters of the question....

(My calibers are dead) but I believe the tub from pump to kettle and vice versa is 1/2... I think I need 10 feet for that

Beer tube from beer to tap is trash but I believe it is standard size...maybe been a few years since I messed with the sizes...

A little help would be [emoji106] sorry about having a mental lapse

Thanks....
GeorgiaMead

I think you need to rewrite this post. I am not sure what you are asking? I guess that you are asking about beer line sizes. If so, this might help, or just measure it.

Tubing Size (I.D.) Use
3/16" (0.188) The size used for beer line in most homebrew draft systems.
1/4" (0.25) Used for gas (CO2) line in some draft systems.
5/16" (0.313) The most common size used for gas (CO2) tubing in a draft system. Also used for siphoning where a tight fit is desired.

(My calibers (calipers?) are dead) but I believe the tub (tube?) from pump to kettle and vice versa is 1/2... I think I need 10 feet for that

How long your silicone tubing for pumping liquids should be depends on the distance. A too-long tube will flop around and may kink at the pump or kettle. You may need 10 feet overall cut into shorter pieces. This also depends on how you are connecting pump to tubing to kettle.

Beer tube from beer (keg?) to tap is trash but I believe it is standard size...maybe been a few years since I messed with the sizes...

If you use 3/16" ID tubing a 5-foot length will typically work. If you're using 1/4" ID tubing, you'll probably need 10 feet.

A little help would be [emoji106] sorry about having a mental lapse

Thanks....
GeorgiaMead

I agree with @kh54s10; one more edit before you click the "post reply" button may help. :)

Back