Noob from Monterey, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ply318ci

Reaction score
I am super excited to be a homebrewer. I just did my first brew today, a Wheat beer, from a kit that my wife bought for me. It is a one gallon kit from Williams and Sonoma that was only 20 dollars. It comes with a rack and cane, air lock, and a one gallon glass fermenter, and all the stuff to make the Wheat beer. I can't wait to taste it in a few weeks, and I am glad to be a part of this forum. If there are any local hombrewers around the Monterey area I would love a chance to meet up. Thanks.

Welcome!

Unfortunately when I moved out of the area 2 years ago there weren't any home brew shops. If you're ever up in the San Jose area though you can head on over to More Beer (actually in Los Altos). You can also order from their website: www.morebeer.com

There are other online retailers, but since they ship from their Concord warehouse it'll get to you pretty quickly.

Yeah the closest place is in Santa Cruz. I was just up in San Jose over the weekend and stopped by Doc's Cellar, super cool guy and pretty good prices I will probably make the trip up that to get supplies since my wife and I like the area.

Back