Noob from far away

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohanMk1

Reaction score
I'm a total noob, my first extract only brew is in my brand new fermentor.

Down here in South Africa it's winter and we're being plauged by a nasty cold snap.

Spent a big portion of the day in front of the computer learning so much about brewing from this amazing board.:tank:

Edit: I think I should mention that the kit is a basic German lager (as supplied with the kit) thats being fermented by a muntons premium gold yeast.

Welcome to HBT Johan! Yep! A person can easily find theirself reading this site into the wee hours. Have a blast brewing and learning! Looking forward to your future posts. :mug:

welcome! Good luck with your lager! Not sure if that is a true lager yeast but I'm sure it will turnout just the same...

Thanks for the welcome guys.

welcome! Good luck with your lager! Not sure if that is a true lager yeast but I'm sure it will turnout just the same...

I wouldn't have called it a true lager yeast, it wants too much heat to really be a lager yeast.

I've brewed it with a few times on some smaller batches. I believe it is actually a "fruity" English Ale Yeast Strain.

Back