Non oak wood resources?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ty520

Reaction score
I've been trying to track down oak alternative cubes - cherry, chestnut, etc, but have had absolutely no luck.

Anyone happen to know of a resource?

My last idea is to track down some wood and rip it down myself

@kenmcchord just posted (#18446) about chips and varieties of wood on the thread What I Did For Beer Today in the General Home-brew Discussion. He may be helpful. Some other posting that follow his also address your interest.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have plenty of scraps, be happy to mail you some cherry if you like. I know for fact the wood has never been sprayed, painted, treated nor any other unhealthy treatment. I do not have any chestnut but I do have some oak cubes I just toasted up today in my oven. Check out the post (#18446) that @D.B.Moody mentioned above, you can see plenty of photos I took of the process.

I have plenty of scraps, be happy to mail you some cherry if you like.

Thanks for the offer but I have a friend who is a fine wood worker who is tracking down some material for me.

well if you were local, my mesquite's need trimming! ;)

I'm in southern Arizona too, so mesquite definitely won't be a challenge to track down

Back