Nobody puts Revvy in a corner.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonuff

Reaction score
Something ridiculous for my 500th post.

corner-1.jpg

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Methinks he's referring to my insanely painful brew day I told him about. I was supposed to go to a group brew yesterday.

But, in the Morning, while sitting on the floor grinding my grain I blew out by back....After it happened and as I was trying to stand I upended the grain onto the garbage bag I had laid out....

Then the battery died on my drill so I had to finish up by hand. Not particularly easy when you are knotted like a pretzel.

I ended up just laying on the floor for about 45 minutes. Before trying to get up again. Then ended up sitting at the computer desk just trying to get it to normalize.

Before I could leave for the brew, I needed to bottle the beer I was going to pitch my new beer onto the US04 cake onto. I also had to spritz with rum and then wrap the 47 banana breads I baked on Sat. in plastic wrap.

By the time I was even able to get up to start that it was like 1:30 and I called Jim, the guy hosting the brew and begged off.

Trouble is didn't want to waste the grain, and could see getting another chance til the weekend of more likely after Christmas, I decided to brew anyway.

AND do everything else on the two do list...

Since it was going to be a 2.5 gallon batch I just decided to do it on my stove...I managed to get everything done, bottling, wrapping bread, and brewing even though I was in extreme agony...

Even lifting 4 gallons of my brew pot was not fun...and I couldn't even put the 3 gallon better bottle in my "swamp cooler", but left in in the closet on one of the milk crates in there....Oh AND since IU was out of O2 I had to shake my Better Bottle to aerate it...Owie...

So this morning I wake up and look at the beer and the airlock is full of krauzen, so I had to fall on the floor and hook up a blow off tube, which was too short to reach the bottle of sanitizer SO I ended up putting the BB on the floor, which was a struggle with my back...

Let's just say it was the WORST brewing experience I've ever had...

and it was still a heck of a lot of fun.

:D

Shonuff, it hurts when I laugh....
icon_204.gif

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Methinks he's referring to my insanely painful brew day I told him about. I was supposed to go to a group brew yesterday.

Exactly. Not even your horrible experience can bring you down.

Revvy needs a good homebrew... Good thing his are good (or so I am told)!

Seriously though, hope you feel better Revvy! Relax, have a homebrew.

..Let's just say it was the WORST brewing experience I've ever had...

and it was still a heck of a lot of fun.

JEEBUS, Revvy! That sucks like an Oreck! Good thing your box of goodies will be there soon, so you can drown your pain in Barleywine and Double Dead Guy! (Well, to be fair, the bottles will need to settle back out... but FEH! with that!)

Oh wait. That box is 18#. And you'll have to carry it into the house. Oops. :eek:

Yeah, but some things are worth the pain...:D

It's true. The night that my Secret Santa box came, I drank New Belgium the entire night because I wouldn't let myself spoil any of my new presents by drinking them while they were all shook up. Hardest evening of waiting patiently ever. (And that includes a few, um, "interesting" evenings of waiting for, um, "events" from back in college.)

Back