no signs of fermentation yet.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titletowngirl

Reaction score
I just brewed a northern brewer chocolate milk stout last night and I don't have any bubbling on my air lock. Should I be concerned or just be patient? I'm leaving town in the morning and am going to worry about it if I don't see any signs of fermentation. Aarrrggg! I need some advice please.

Airlocks mean nothing and yeast can take up to 72 hours to start....You'll have to trust in the yeast. I've never had a yeast not do it's job, EVER. Yeast really doesn't fail despite what nervous noobs might think. I pitch my yeast and come back in a month.

Maybe you can finally join the ranks of the rdwhahbers, and trust.

I truly am a neurotic noobie! By the way, what's a rdwhahber? Thanks for the thread...it fed right into my neurosis. Hilarious! Thanks for always answering my stupid questions/concerns. I really do appreciate it!

My last batch took like 4 or 5 days before I saw any airlock activity. And it was a wheat beer, which usually ferments very quickly. So like others have said, just relax and let the yeast do their thing. It'll be fine.

Revvy said:
Someone who rdwhahbs. ;)

(Don't you dare ask what that means without looking it up for yourself.) :mug:

If you type "rdwhahb" into google, the 2nd suggestion is "rdwhahb yoda". Coincidence? I think not. :D

Back