No carbonation problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinSTE

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im in need of help, this is my first time making Mangrove Jacks extract cider.
So everything went well until i bottled it, i dont like alot of carbonation in my cider so i scaled down the sugar to 1 carbonation drop pr 500ml bottle. i used Coopers carbonation drops.
its been 2 weeks now and i can see that the yeast has settled on the bottom of the bottle. But there is no carbonation.

Should i give it another week, or do i need to reopen and add more sugardrops?

when using carbonation drops in my brews i've used 1 and 1/2 drops pr bottle.

I would invert the bottles briefly to get some of the yeast back in suspension. Then put them in a warmer spot over 65*f closer to 70 if you can. Then just give it more time

I would invert the bottles briefly to get some of the yeast back in suspension. Then put them in a warmer spot over 65*f closer to 70 if you can. Then just give it more time

They have been stored at 68*f(20*c) during the entire duration, tried one of the 330ml bottles and it seems to have carbonated, but not anywhere near what im used to with my beer..

should i open them and add more sugar then put new caps on and let them sit another week maybe?

should i open them and add more sugar then put new caps on and let them sit another week maybe?
Absolutely not. You're just asking for a slew of problem with oxidation. Let them sit longer and let it be what it is for this brew. Next brew know to increase the priming sugar solution or tabs

Absolutely not. You're just asking for a slew of problem with oxidation. Let them sit longer and let it be what it is for this brew. Next brew know to increase the priming sugar solution or tabs
Agree with Dgallo. Again wouldn't hurt to shake them a bit and warm them up 5 or so deg. Check again in 2 weeks you might be pleasantly surprised.

Back