No beer flow wing handle sankey coupler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illa_kotilla

Reaction score
Hi Guys - I'm new to kegging and picked up a Sankey 1/6 keg, co2 regulator, and bottle of CO2 off craigslist. I kegged my beer, managed to purge the o2 off the top, and have been force carbonating my beer for 48 hours @ 25 PSI.

I have a standard wing handle sankey coupler. The vertical outlet is the beverage line and the the horizontal is the gas line. I know gas is getting in because I can hear it bubble when I turn the pressure up, and when I pull the relief valve, I get CO2, and if I hold it out a tiny bit of beer is coming out.

Today, I wanted to check the carbonation of the beer, however I'm at a complete loss as to how to get the beer to come out. I tried reducing the pressure to 11psi for serving, but nothing is coming out of the serving tube at all.

Am I missing something entirely? Or, do I need to go buy a new coupler?

Happened to me once...be certain BOTH rubber gaskets are on the tapping end of the coupler...if the smaller one fell off it will give you fits and no beer.

After that I would check the check valve for beer out in the coupler line fitting. Frustrating ain't it?

The outer portion of the tap needs to lock on...then the inner like 1/2 inch portion needs to depress the ball in the keg spear...check function of the coupler.

Latest posts

Back