Nitro cold brew shelf life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustinstriplin

Reaction score
I'm wondering what you have experienced for nitro cold brew shelf life. I am dedicating one of my kegerator faucets to cold brew, but I'm not sure how much I should brew. I have 2.5 gal and 5 gal kegs. Ideally, I'd brew 5 gal at once to minimize work (lazy... ikr). But I also enjoy high quality coffee. In your experience, how long does cold brew last before going bad?

Do you keep oxygen exposure to a minimum to increase shelf life? If so, what do you do to minimize oxygen exposure?

I keep 5 gals of my favorite "Pete's" coffee on a nitro tap (straight nitrogen). Have not noticed any degradation of any sort. I'm not a super-taster, however my son and daughter are heavily involved in the coffee industry and they both approve.

I make my cold brew in 4 gallon batches. I pour a 20 or so OZ cup a day. So thats roughly 25 work days. Weekends I brew hot coffee. Sometimes I pour a second cup when I get home from work, it normally lasts about a month, Tastes the same on day 1 as the day the keg kicks.

Back