Nitro Coffee Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BearHillEast

Reaction score
So, I did my first batch of cold brew about two months ago. My setup is pretty standard but I am using JUST Nitrogen, not a mix.

I didn't expect to get any of the carbonation of thicker mouthfeel because of using Nitro. However after about 3 weeks I started to notice some bubbles and after 5 weeks there were bubbles coming out of solution when I would pour a cup.

So my question is there a way to reduce the wait time to get it carbed up? Do they make higher volume regulators that would achieve the same result just in a shorter span of time?

Put a carbonation stone on a tube connected to the gas feed inside your keg, charge at 35-40 psi then back off to like 20 psi when it equalizes/you stop hearing the bubbles.
You'll have a nice creamy mouth feel with the cascade your looking for by morning.

I take about 8 hours in a corny keg about 3/4 full.

Some say shake the keg vigorously but Ive had great success with the carbonation stone tubed to the bottom of the keg overnight on 100% nitrogen at 40 psi charge.

Hope that helps.

Back