Nine Criminal Bikers down..... how many to go?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owly055

Reaction score
I have to admit that I never shed a tear......... in fact quite the opposite when I read the New York Times news flash about the shootout in Waco Texas today. Nine gangsters dead...... a few bystanders injured.... apparently minor. Couldn't we just fence off an area and turn them all in so they could go at it? Keep decent people out of it.....

A friend of mine served 5 years many years ago for killing two Bandidos.... After they molested his girlfriend, he took off after them in a drunken rage driving down a lonely highway, ran them down killing both of them. Instead of getting a medal, they sent him to prison.

At the trial, law enforcement from all over the area showed up, and many citizens were deputized and armed and ready. The Bandidos showed up in force. Many of them locked up for one pretext or another, several injured in confrontations with the cops, the rest tucked their tails between their legs and left. He of course plead guilty to the lightest charge possible under the circumstances.

I was not living there when he came home, but he was given a hero's welcome. I can't as a responsible citizen condone what he did, but in my heart I applaud it as did almost everybody in town. There needs to be open season on these criminals!!

H.W.

As I understand it, the both went to the same restaurant and the fight started in the bathroom, then spilled out into the restaurant and the guns came out.

So I'm left wondering what could have happened in the bathroom to upset them so badly. Someone's foot tapping go unnoticed?

As I understand it, the both went to the same restaurant and the fight started in the bathroom, then spilled out into the restaurant and the guns came out.

So I'm left wondering what could have happened in the bathroom to upset them so badly. Someone's foot tapping go unnoticed?

I like to imagine that it started something like this -

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwH85gFOVVQ[/ame]

- and quickly escalated from there.

I never mourn bad guys either. I have a lot of creative ideas for dealing with them, but I don't think I should put them in writing.

John:
It's a good idea not to write down your "creative ideas"......... Nothing is private these days, and they constitute "evidence" and can make you the target of the LEOs even if you didn't do it.

"Revenge" is just another name for "justice". The old saying "don't get mad, get even" is a wise one, as is the saying by Sun Tzu "The wheels of justice grind slow, but exceedingly fine". I've settled scores as much as 20 years after the fact. The problem with that is that the intervening time means that if you do something violent or illegal, you can't say that you reacted in the "heat of the moment" as my friend who ran the bikers down was able to plead as mitigation. 20 years of premeditation is definitely NOT a "defense". SSS

H.W.

Spotted one of the Wacko gangsters in Livingston, Mt. last night. I've seen Bandidos passing through before, but this was the first Cossack I remember seeing around here.......... I'm not sure when the season opens on them.... presumably when the annual migration starts to Sturgis. I presume that when you get your license, it comes with a handbook to help identify "fair game" species (Bandidos, Hells Angels, Cossacks, etc) and those that are protected (ordinary folks that like to deck themselves out in similar regalia and ride around on HDs mingling with the criminals as human shields).

H.W.

Just don't shoot at us power rangers. We don't have to run when the cops show up.

Or do we? There's quite a fuss being made over how 170 or so people were all arrested all on the same charge and all held on $1,000,000 bails. To not question it, we'd have to believe that 170 or so "organized criminals" gathered together in a highly public place, at a publicized time, to conduct their business of organized crime. Doubtful.

I thought they arrested them under something like the RICO statute. Being members in an ongoing criminal enterprise.

I think many states have a law like, if you and I break into a house and the homeowner kills you, I can be charged in your death.

A friend of mine served 5 years many years ago for killing two Bandidos.... After they molested his girlfriend, he took off after them in a drunken rage driving down a lonely highway, ran them down killing both of them. Instead of getting a medal, they sent him to prison.

Vigilantes: ignore the law to settle "debts" and levy their own brand of justice on a person of questionable guilt without any due process.

Sounds a lot like the biker gangs to me, without the leathers. I'v avoiding both vigilantes and bikers if possible.

Vigilantes: ignore the law to settle "debts" and levy their own brand of justice on a person of questionable guilt without any due process.

Sounds a lot like the biker gangs to me, without the leathers. I'v avoiding both vigilantes and bikers if possible.

soooo... you don't want to hang out then? I promise not to wear my mask & cape.

I thought they arrested them under something like the RICO statute. Being members in an ongoing criminal enterprise.

I think many states have a law like, if you and I break into a house and the homeowner kills you, I can be charged in your death.

Pretty much. So far as we know, and that's an important phrase, the criteria for being arrested and charged with engaging in organized criminal activity was to be at Twin Peaks and look like a "biker". Granted, the pictures that have come out from the incident do show a lot of Bandido, Cossack and Scimitar patches, but there were others, such as the Vice Grips. The VG bills themselves as a club for pre 1970s HDs.

Who associates with who and to what extent is a tangled web. I'm no "biker". I'm a person who rides a motorcycle and hangs out with other people who have similar vehicles. Still though, patched club members have shown up at charity rides I rode in. There we were. All in one bar. It didn't make me a club member or a criminal. Them neither. This seemingly en masse round up based on broad criteria should be concerning to us all.

This incident is looking less and less like a clean cut case of thugs being thugs.

I'm a patched M/C member. Best you stick with the topic of beer since obviously you have no clue about this one.

I agree with you completely. I'm not patched but let's say I'm an enthusiast that knows somebody that knows somebody. I'm not often close to being a target of prejudice, but this one hits pretty close to home.

I agree with you completely. I'm not patched but let's say I'm an enthusiast that knows somebody that knows somebody. I'm not often close to being a target of prejudice, but this one hits pretty close to home.
you should try it some time. after more than 20 years, you still don't get used to it.

There have already been a few folks bailed out who don't seem to have had anything at all to do with the gangs.

Waco PD was all about releasing the video and all kinds of evidence that would clear this all up, but we haven't seen it, yet.

This whole thing has turned sordid.

Hmmm... People are trying to get more info on the story, and the local PD is pretty unwilling to release video... Witness testimony suggests that most of the shooting was from the police.

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/26/waco-police-continue-campaign-to-keep-us

There might be more to this story...

In a situation where the cops come into a gunfight, anybody carrying a weapon is fair game... Whatever the actual details, the cops didn't start the shooting, and numerous armed people were involved. The Bandidos are a criminal organization, not a group of weekend dentists and stock brokers, and federal authorities recognize them in the same class as the mafia...... for good reason. Some groups, most notably the Hells Angels have used their widespread name recognition to recruit ordinary people who are attracted to their "bad ass" reputation, and ultimately sanitize their image to some degree.... acting as "cover".......... Hang on wannabes who want to look and act tough. This does not apply to Bandidos, Sons of Silence, Mongols, Outlaws, and other truly violent criminal gangs.
The cops know all about these gangs, and seldom come into a situation where they can rid the world of this kind of trash. If I were a cop in that situation, I would probably systematically shoot as many weapons bearing criminals as I could weather the weapon was a pistol or a baseball bat. We can't expect our LEOs to use a light and discriminating hand in a violent riot. Many gang members were arrested approaching the scene carrying weapons, and arrests at the scene were somewhat indiscriminate....... as is to be expected. What are you doing in the middle of a riot if you aren't part of it? Sane and normal people run AWAY from that kind of situation, not into the middle of it.

I've only once found myself in the "crossfire" in a gunfight, and once in the "kill zone" of a sniper randomly shooting people from a window high above the street....... Self preservation instinct was to get away as far and as fast as possible.... I didn't want to be in the path of a bullet or in the first instance a load of birdshot........... Or sitting in the police station giving a statement. I was in my teens both times.
I also made the mistake around the same time of associating with a fellow student who I knew was from a mafia family.........After innocently going along with him and ending up in the middle of a situation where a cargo of drugs was being unloaded in a "safe house" ..... or whatever they called it, and pitching in as if I were one of them (self preservation at work again)....The four adults involved were all obviously armed, and trusted him as he was part of their operation... they didn't know me, and foolishly assumed I belonged there. I don't know to this day why I didn't blow the whistle on the operation..... except perhaps that I was scared to death of the guys. I could easily have tipped the law off on what was going on and where, and they could have put the house under surveillance, and ultimately rolled up the whole operation. I knew his dad well, and knew how far his tentacles reached....... I was rightfully afraid.......... he was one of the big guys..Dons or whatever they term them, nobody to mess with!

It was a lesson for me........ just not to get involved with those kinds of people (criminals) at all.......... If you associate with them, the chance of being swept up into something you don't want to be involved in greatly increases. I've noticed that criminals have groopies just like movie stars. People who want to emulate them in some respects, but without really getting their hands dirty. Witness America's taste in movies and video games.......... In six more years, I will have outlived my friend 3 fold!!

This kind of thing doesn't happen in Montana..... except Billings, and I know enough to avoid potential "situations". If you decide to play with the Bandidos and end up getting injured, killed, or arrested as a result.......you've only yourself to blame!!

The cops did what they felt they needed to do......The only thing to regret is that they didn't get more of them!!

H.W.

I liked the way it used to be here in Daytona, before Bike Week turned into a fashion show. The Bikers all knew to leave any foolishness at the border. No bar would allow anyone in wearing colors. Hell, these people actually rode their bikes down here.

It was mostly chill. Every few years the cops would set up a tent city jail out in the woods and crack down, lock up several thousand for a few days and then everything would be cool for a few years.

Now it's posers on parade, wanna be tough guys who trailer the thing down and ride two weeks a year before going back to being dental hygenists and insurance salesmen.

I liked the way it used to be here in Daytona, before Bike Week turned into a fashion show. The Bikers all knew to leave any foolishness at the border. No bar would allow anyone in wearing colors. Hell, these people actually rode their bikes down here.

It was mostly chill. Every few years the cops would set up a tent city jail out in the woods and crack down, lock up several thousand for a few days and then everything would be cool for a few years.

Now it's posers on parade, wanna be tough guys who trailer the thing down and ride two weeks a year before going back to being dental hygenists and insurance salesmen.

in Sturgis it was a wild time, but people knew how to stay out of eachothers way. now it's Bankers, not Bikers. it's a vacation spot for the wanna-be hard cores and their families. I remember walking into places and walking out because of different "clubs" being present and not wanting involved. now it's all Candyland.

Bringing people in for questioning is one thing. Holding people to sort them out is one thing. There are still 160 or so in jail on $1,000,000 bonds. Everyone was wholesale charged with engaging in organised crime.

What was originally reported as a gang dispute is shaping up to be a lot more.

Bringing people in for questioning is one thing. Holding people to sort them out is one thing. There are still 160 or so in jail on $1,000,000 bonds. Everyone was wholesale charged with engaging in organised crime.

What was originally reported as a gang dispute is shaping up to be a lot more.

If you are a member of one of the gangs involved in the shooting riot, and you were there, that's enough...... The Bandidos at least are considered a criminal syndicate, and it is well known that they swear an oath of loyalty to their "brothers".

The cops know the difference between an innocent bystander, and a member of a criminal gang. If you are a member of one of the two gangs that were shooting it out, and you were present, you are by definition guilty, regardless of weather you actually fired a shot just like the driver of a get away car is guilty as an accessory to the murders inside the bank. Painting this as some kind of gross injustice is just silly!!

The mindset is "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" (arrest them all and let the court system sort them out)......... and it's well justified.

H.W.

Back