Nice deal on Millar's mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is my first post here, I promise its not spam. Just letting anyone that is in market for a new mill know you might want to check out the new Millar's Pilot Barley Mill. There complete Pilot kit is on sale for 199.00 plus shipping from there websit. While I do think the price is great compared to other kits, it's the new design of the hopper, the new support arms for the included bucket, the 1/2 inch triple flut shaft(better grip for drills), 7 inch long rollers with oversized bearings, and a solid uni-body housing for the rollers seem to make it a great deal. They even throw in a aluminum scoop. How well does this system work, I have no idea but I ordered the kit anyway and I will have a review hopefully with in a month(or once I drink down my current supply). For those that like to buy made in the USA, they claim to be 100 percent made in the USA. Hopefully it works out I like to support innovative companies. If anyone has experience with this model please let me know.

I know this is my first post here, I promise its not spam. Just letting anyone that is in market for a new mill know you might want to check out the new Millar's Pilot Barley Mill. There complete Pilot kit is on sale for 199.00 plus shipping from there websit. While I do think the price is great compared to other kits, it's the new design of the hopper, the new support arms for the included bucket, the 1/2 inch triple flut shaft(better grip for drills), 7 inch long rollers with oversized bearings, and a solid uni-body housing for the rollers seem to make it a great deal. They even throw in a aluminum scoop. How well does this system work, I have no idea but I ordered the kit anyway and I will have a review hopefully with in a month(or once I drink down my current supply). For those that like to buy made in the USA, they claim to be 100 percent made in the USA. Hopefully it works out I like to support innovative companies. If anyone has experience with this model please let me know.

I just received the mill but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It seems very heavy duty and just by looking at it, I don't know why it wouldn't work well and last a long time. The hopper is even made of steel and is very sturdy. Everything breaks down and can be stored in the bucket and this is also how it was shipped. I was going to get a Monster Mill MM2 kit but this was cheaper and I liked the idea of using the rails instead of a wooden cut out for support.

MM 009.jpg

MM 010.jpg

MM 012.jpg

MM 013.jpg

MM 014.jpg

MM 015.jpg

MM 019.jpg

MM 021.jpg

MM 022.jpg

MM 011.jpg

+1 for excellent mill. Stainless rollers, precision sealed ball bearings rather than bronze bushings, no Chinese garbage. Get it and enjoy.

Another +1. Got it and love it. I’ve had it for 6 months now and it’s a workhorse. I keep the rollers tighter than recommended and consistently get a high efficiency with my crush on a Grainfather. Worth the money, it’s legit.

Hey guys. Quick question. I just bought It and looks good. Do you know where can I get a bucket? Because I was looking can’t find it... Btw I’m from Ireland. Thank you

Welcome aboard, congratulations on your new mill!
I suspect the bucket is a standard size. The mill will fit less than perfectly on a round bucket too. Or you could probably make a base for it pretty easily.

Welcome aboard, congratulations on your new mill!
I suspect the bucket is a standard size. The mill will fit less than perfectly on a round bucket too. Or you could probably make a base for it pretty easily.
That's what I'm using at the moment. But maybe you know where can I get the original Millar's bucket?

Latest posts

Back